Anyone have an iPhone?

This is a discussion on Anyone have an iPhone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just wondering if anyone here had an iPhone and if so, how are you liking the new 3.0 update? clipse...

Thread: Anyone have an iPhone?

Anyone have an iPhone?

Just wondering if anyone here had an iPhone and if so, how are you liking the new 3.0 update?

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I do, and so far the 3.0 update is very nice. The global search is well executed, and the ability to cut and paste is long overdue.

Waiting for FedEx to deliver my new iPhone 3GS today....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

iPhone Blog

A bunch of friends and I do a blog on the iPhone.
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

I went ahead and updated the carrier file for mms and tethering. Both of those options were also very well executed.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I don't, but I will be picking one up this weekend or next week. I am a software developer by trade, and am getting into iPhone development for personal reasons. Bought a macbookpro recently to start the development work. Now I need to buy the iPhone to deploy my apps to.

One app idea i have is gun related, so I thought I'd post here. I might need to see who is interested in being a beta tester. Probably not until the end of this year.

I hope you are all enjoying your iPhones.

My Iphone rocks... no issues other than waiting for the new 3GS.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I've had an iPhone since they first came out and would be lost without mine. Don't think I'm going to upgrade to the 3G S. However, the upgrade to 3.0 is awesome. Being able to text and write email in landscape mode has greatly increased my typing speed/accuracy!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I jailbroke mine so I am waiting for it to be made (which I think it is already done) so I can update my phone to the 3.0 JB version...

By the way, I've been able to record video for like 6 months now as well as copy/paste though 3.0 apple version is better implemented...

VIP Member
    I like the 3G iPhone I've had for about 6 months. Only complaint is the short battery charge especially when using any of the stuff besides the phone. It needs to come with two or three times the battery.

Haven't upgraded to3.0. I like to wait a few weeks to hear what the pitfalls are before doing any upgrade with any computer.

My update did not go smoothly but eventually managed to get it right. The 3.0 updates are good and there are some things like copy and paste which were badly needed. Landscape texting is also a nice improvment.
    Advise: be sure to backup and sync phone before attempting update and;
    wait a week or two for the traffic to decrease on the server to help the update go smoother.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

I updated to 3.0 a week ago and it went very smoothly. :D ;)

Backing up is very important. I do a backup frequently but what really helped is have the google sync setup so all my contacts and calendars were automatically pushed to my iPhone after the upgrade.

If you use google calendar then you HAVE to try google sync. It made life way easy for me and my iPhone calendar.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Well, I just picked up my iPhone 3GS 32 Gig. I'll be getting used to the iPhone this weekend and starting to sling code next week.

I just updated my iphone 3G to the version 3.0 yesterday and so far so good. I definitely like the copy and paste as well as the search iphone function from the main screen. All in all i would say its good but i wasn't as "blown away" as i have been in the past with some of the updates.

First post from the iPhone. Video capability is nice.

Links