Maryland

This is a discussion on Maryland within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will be visiting Baltimore, Maryland this weekend... Anyone know of any fun things to do there/what places have metal detectors in the city?...

Thread: Maryland

Maryland

I will be visiting Baltimore, Maryland this weekend...

Anyone know of any fun things to do there/what places have metal detectors in the city?

2. Remove Ads

Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but if you are caught carrying in Baltimore, you will NOT be politely asked to leave the city. FYI, Maryland honors no other state's permits.

And yes, there are metal detectors at just about every attraction in town, especially around the Inner Harbor.

FWIW, I lived in Baltimore for 18 years before retirement and 14 of those were two blocks from the Inner Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but if you are caught carrying in Baltimore, you will NOT be politely asked to leave the city. FYI, Maryland honors no other state's permits.
    I'll be carrying legally as a LEO from out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    And yes, there are metal detectors at just about every attraction in town, especially around the Inner Harbor.
    So, I'm assuming even if I'm carrying legally they won't let me in and I'll most likely have the local PD called--and be hassled. So, what all should I avoid as attractions?

"what all should I avoid?"

Answer= The entire State.

Seriously, there are some great restaurants and attractions throughout the State, but I wouldn't think of bringing a firearm there unless it was packed away, locked, unloaded (magazines included) and was driving straight through.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    "what all should I avoid?"

Answer= The entire State.
    I'd like to, sadly I have to go there.

My son lives there and handguns are seriously restricted. I like visiting him because he lives in the western part of the state up in the mounstains and the fishing is great but everytime I do I have to lock away my handguns.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by JimH58 View Post
    My son lives there and handguns are seriously restricted. I like visiting him because he lives in the western part of the state up in the mounstains and the fishing is great but everytime I do I have to lock away my handguns.
    If you have a loaded clip (even if the firearm is in a closed container etc) loaded... that's enough to get you arrested... their laws only work for the criminals and everyone knows it when you look on the high crime rates especially in the inner city... I don't miss Baltimore at all!
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    I'll be carrying legally as a LEO from out of state.

So, I'm assuming even if I'm carrying legally they won't let me in and I'll most likely have the local PD called--and be hassled. So, what all should I avoid as attractions?
    SERIOUSLY, you better check to see if they have changed their laws resently... some years back it was ILLEGAL for even out of state cops to carry in Maryland UNLESS it's "official duty" stuff... if you're an out of state cop on vacation, then you will be breaking the law if you carry (and remember, even a loaded mag is considered a "loaded weapon")
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

You would be better off coming here to VA
    We have the same crabs, and great amusement parks. We also welcome LEO, and OC.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    SERIOUSLY, you better check to see if they have changed their laws resently... some years back it was ILLEGAL for even out of state cops to carry in Maryland UNLESS it's "official duty" stuff... if you're an out of state cop on vacation, then you will be breaking the law if you carry (and remember, even a loaded mag is considered a "loaded weapon")
    Carrying under LEOSA... So, no, their state law does still not allow it.

Administrator
    Head a little further south and explore Annapolis, the night life is great! Have a beer at McGarveys for me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My wife and I ocassionaly visit some friends in Maryland. I stop at the last Virginia rest stop, disarm, unload and store in the trunk. I am allowed by Federal law to transport the firearm through the state. On the way home I rearm at the first Virginia rest stop.

I assume you will be traveling under the LEOSA. Personally I would check with Maryland before carrying into the state. You may not have any problem, but I would not bet on it.

Have a safe trip.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    Any time I drive thru MD, I always see cops ripping people's cars apart on the side of the interstate. I don't understand it.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    It's been a decade or so, but I used to LOVE going to the Aquarium there!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Links