NRA sticker on waterbottle = nasty look - Page 3

NRA sticker on waterbottle = nasty look

This is a discussion on NRA sticker on waterbottle = nasty look within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by M203Sniper Spend the $25 and sign her up for a year! Sounds like a very good plan. anybody have Holders address..lol Originally ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M203Sniper View Post
    Spend the $25 and sign her up for a year!
    Sounds like a very good plan. anybody have Holders address..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    +1!

Have all the materials and her magazine subscription sent to her at work!
    Your an evil Bunny!!!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    As fun as it would be to mess with her, the poster who said she was dangerous is entirely correct. She could claim harassment on anything other than perfect manners, and maybe that as well (witness Boxer and "Ma'am").

Agreed. As proud as I am to be part of the NRA, I would definitely keep it out of the corporate environment. Put on your business face for the office; keep your personal life entirely separate whereever possible. It's not worth compromising your job and future job opportunities just because you offended someone.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'm quite familiar with those types. Two years ago, I was working in one of the walk in clinics in Walgreens. Some women from corporate came in, and I was soon asked to meet with them in one room. They had another woman from corporate on speaker phone. They started talking to me about some complaints that they has (all were garbage). One was that I used the internet for personal use. I said yes, but everyone in the clinics did, since we were seeing around 2-4 patients in a 12 hour shift, and we were bored out of our minds (one of the people temporarily made a manager while our boss was recovering from a heart attack ran her part time business online at work). Then they said "But you look at GUN sites!" I tried to explain that shooting was a hobby, but they would have none of it. Needless to say, I was terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I'm quite familiar with those types. Two years ago, I was working in one of the walk in clinics in Walgreens. Some women from corporate came in, and I was soon asked to meet with them in one room. They had another woman from corporate on speaker phone. They started talking to me about some complaints that they has (all were garbage). One was that I used the internet for personal use. I said yes, but everyone in the clinics did, since we were seeing around 2-4 patients in a 12 hour shift, and we were bored out of our minds (one of the people temporarily made a manager while our boss was recovering from a heart attack ran her part time business online at work). Then they said "But you look at GUN sites!" I tried to explain that shooting was a hobby, but they would have none of it. Needless to say, I was terminated.

You got to be kidding me. They got rid of you because of your hobby ????

I am real fortunate. All the people I work with are gun enthusiasts. And being in IT, we all surf the web and so far not an issue.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    If I were to have an NRA sticker at work I would be the least threatening guy here. We are a bastion of crazy militia wannabes.

Just for fun I think I would use all kinds of innocent phrases around her:

Shoot the breeze.

Keep your powder dry.

Lock, stock and barrel.

On target.

Shooting blanks. (OK maybe not that one)

All these are gun terms that have been placed in common use. If she objects, especially in front of coworkers, paint HER as the crazy one.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links