NRA sticker on waterbottle = nasty look

This is a discussion on NRA sticker on waterbottle = nasty look within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So at work I like to bring a waterbottle in. I do this so I don't have to get up from my desk several times ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar

So at work I like to bring a waterbottle in. I do this so I don't have to get up from my desk several times to visit a water fountain. Anyways, I couldn't find my normal one I like to bring (my car gremlins must have stolen it) so I grabbed another one from home. Well, when I received my NRA welcome packet in the mail, I stuck the sticker on this particular water bottle.

Today, a coworker comes into my office just to shoot the breeze a bit. I take a drink out of my water bottle and she kind of gives me a weird look. I realized she was looking at the bottle. When I put it down, she says to me "is that a joke?" I asked, "is what a joke?" She was referring to my NRA Member sticker on the bottle. I told her, no, it was no joke. I'm a member of the NRA. So she asked if I owned guns. I didn't really want to get into it, so I told her this was not the appropriate forum to discuss these things, but if she wanted to, I could talk to her on a break or something. When I said this, she kinda huffed and just walked off! I don't know for sure if she was huffing at my reluctance to chat with her just then, or me being a member of the NRA. I suspect the latter since she is known around the office for being more a lefty tree hugging sort...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Walk behind her desk and slam a stapler shut. If she jumps higher than normal. She will be watching you!!!!

VIP Member
    During break, bring it back up and ask her if she is interested in joining?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Pcon, glad to see you're still with us.

If she gets on your nerves, ask her if the voices in your head are bothering her.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

Why am I not surprised. Probably lives in Boulder. Sorry, did I generalize??

Let it go unless she brings it up again. You don't want to be known as the raging gun nut.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Let me guess. She's not a Colorado native but rather a transplant from some liberal snakepit who no longer really likes her own state but oddly enough wants to re-create it here in Colorado. This seems all too common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Let me guess. She's not a Colorado native but rather a transplant from some liberal snakepit who no longer really likes her own state but oddly enough wants to re-create it here in Colorado. This seems all too common these days.
    Yeah I never understood why Colorado was so liberal. I mean the state was pretty much founded by mountain men, cowboys, and outlaws.

If they are hostile to gun owners just tell them that the water bottle has been approved by the National Recovery Administration.

bosco
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    LOL actually...yes. I believe she's from S.F. Cali
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Now's the time to start sporting that NRA belt buckle, putting NRA stickers on your car, wearing that NRA necktie, etc.......if she don't like it, she can go back to NYC.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by llred View Post
    Yeah I never understood why Colorado was so liberal. I mean the state was pretty much founded by mountain men, cowboys, and outlaws.
    All those left are from 'Brokeback Mountain'.

To the OP...
    I wouldn't discuss 'word one' with that woman about the NRA, guns, or self-defense. She obviously has a very narrow mind and anything you say WILL be held against you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    LOL actually...yes. I believe she's from S.F. Cali
    That splains it!!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

"she can go back to NYC."

??? I thought she was from SanFranfreako!

bosco

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    "she can go back to NYC."

??? I thought she was from SanFranfreako!

bosco

Is there really any difference, Other than the weather? Cali commie, NY commie. They are all the same. I think the true Americans still stuck in those states are prisoners wanting to escape!!! To bad the ones that leave are the ones nobody wants.........Like the OP's new friend.

Originally Posted by wmhawth
    Quote Originally Posted by llred View Post
    I see you are in Texas. I've spent enough time in Texas to know that they too have their share of California transplants. Colorado has its pockets of liberalism. So does Texas. But heaven knows I love both states.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links