For those who Support Israel

This is a discussion on For those who Support Israel within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For all those that support Israel, Please shop at Trader Joes and Purchase products that are produced in Israel. There is a boycott of Trader-Joes ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who Support Israel

For all those that support Israel, Please shop at Trader Joes and Purchase products that are produced in Israel.

There is a boycott of Trader-Joes from the Arab League in support of Palistine. On you tube there is a link that there is a demonstration to boycott Trader-Joes, As a jew, I am counter-demonstartion by doing my shopping at Trader-Joes.

No one talks about the 1000's fo rockets fired into Israel.

If you don't shop at Trader Joes please do so! I would also like to see
    an organized ride's to a local Trader Joes to show our support for their company.

Show your patronage to Trader Joe's in response to the following
    obscenity posted on YouTube. It is the only appropriate response.
    There will be some sort of national campaign of protest against Trader
    Joe's carrying such products on June 20. Shop Trader Joe's that day and buy Israeli products. If you are Jewish and Shabbat observant, do so on June 19th.

Support Trader Joe’s Against Planned Boycott
    Anti-Israel groups have called for a national day of de-shelving Israeli products from Trader Joe's stores on Saturday, June 20 , World Refugee Day. This is in response to Trader Joe’s rejection of their call for a boycott.

Jon Basalone, Trader Joe's Senior Vice President of Marketing wrote that "we sell products, and do not use our products as political tools or to make any statements about any political causes. We have no intention of removing any products based on pressure from any group, no matter what they support or don't support. As always, we believe our customers are smart, and they are capable of making decisions about what they purchase."

Here’s how you can help support Trader Joe’s:

1. Shop at Trader Joe's and specifically buy Israeli products , particularly before and during the weekend of June 20.

I sraeli products carried at Trader Joe's include: Dorot Crushed Garlic, Dorot Chopped Cilantro, Holyland Matzos, Pastures of Eden Feta Imported, Trader Joe's Israeli Couscous and Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend.
    2. Tell the manager at Trader Joe's that you really like the Israeli products they carry and hope they will carry more in the future.

3. Write a letter of thanks to Trader Joe's national headquarters on their contact page Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store - Contact Us or by mail to:

Don Bane, Chairman and CEO
    Doug Rauch, President
    Charles J. Pilliter, SVP Operations
    Trader Joe's Main Headquarters
    800 S. Shamrock Ave.
    Monrovia, CA 91016

Below you will find sample text:

It has recently come to my attention that anti-Israel groups called for a boycott of Israeli products in your stores.

I want to thank you for not giving into this pressure and for carrying products from Israel that I and so many others enjoy across the country. I will continue to buy these goods and others from your stores
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I don't believe I've ever lived near a Trader Joes, but I'll shop at one if I do. Regardless, I stand with you and stand with Israel!
    Give us this day our daily lead...

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorq7r13 View Post
    I don't believe I've ever lived near a Trader Joes, but I'll shop at one if I do. Regardless, I stand with you and stand with Israel!
    +1 from me too!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Locations???
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Locations???
    Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store - Locations

Apparently we've got several in St. Louis. I'll give one a visit.

email sent. there is one in the Seattle area.

MAP [edit]
    Last edited by tbrenke; June 19th, 2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: too slow on the keyboard.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Since we don't have any Trader Joe's anywhere near here I will have to pass. I would much rather buy American made products than products made in any other country, but there seem to be quite a shortage of those these days.

One day we will all be in a real fix, much moreso than we are now for outsourcing everything to save the buck.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

+1 on the American products. Sometimes you just have to let others fend for themselves.

VIP Member

Farronwolf; that one day is now.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

One day we will all be in a real fix, much moreso than we are now for outsourcing everything to save the buck.
    I think we are in that fix now.

We love Trader Joe's, but usually buy their generic or store brand products. Great stuff at really good prices. They recently opened a store closer to us (50 miles as opposed to 75), so we will shop there more often.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

"Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store - Locations

Apparently we've got several in St. Louis. I'll give one a visit.
    Thanks Grady.

Looks like they are not near Fayetteville, so it's not easy for me to support them. Maybe they will build one near me in the future.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

VIP Member
    Yup...we have been shopping there for years....and will continue to do so...good selection of products that fit our needs..

I am glad they are supporting Israel.

VIP Member
    I like allot of their products. We don't live near one now.

I like how they label their in house brands. If it's Italian food it's Trader Josepi's or Mexican food is Trader Jose's. Pretty cool really.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links