Getting back from LFI II I have to go get my drunk BIL

This is a discussion on Getting back from LFI II I have to go get my drunk BIL within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sad story, Prof at a N Mex University got into the social drinking scene 30 years ago. Was a typical 70's hippy, did the 'in' ...

Thread: Getting back from LFI II I have to go get my drunk BIL

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

Getting back from LFI II I have to go get my drunk BIL

Sad story, Prof at a N Mex University got into the social drinking scene 30 years ago. Was a typical 70's hippy, did the 'in' social stuff. A brilliant guy. Did not let his wife work as she was his 'bird with a broken feather', she finally left him at my wife's advice afte he pissed all over the floor in our house 10 years ago.
    He has been in jail 3 times the past 3 months, was beaten and robbed and found walking ghe streets. He is no longer able to care for himself, has little memory of who beat him up.
    His 90 year old mother lives with us and is quite lucid and crys alll the time. So, we are going to get him, have his daughter get legal custody and we will put him into a home.
    I've been through all the 12 step stuff myself and realize his body is finally shutting down.
    The end seems to be coming quickly.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    Sad story, Prof at a N Mex University got into the social drinking scene 30 years ago. Was a typical 70's hippy, did the 'in' social stuff. A brilliant guy. Did not let his wife work as she was his 'bird with a broken feather', she finally left him at my wife's advice afte he pissed all over the floor in our house 10 years ago.
    He has been in jail 3 times the past 3 months, was beaten and robbed and found walking ghe streets. He is no longer able to care for himself, has little memory of who beat him up.
    His 90 year old mother lives with us and is quite lucid and crys alll the time. So, we are going to get him, have his daughter get legal custody and we will put him into a home.
    I've been through all the 12 step stuff myself and realize his body is finally shutting down.
    The end seems to be coming quickly.
    threefeathers,

Sorry to hear all this. Addiction hurts the whole family.
    Hope you all hang in there.

God bless.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Totally stinks,.. . Any addiction is horrible.. Anything we put in our bodys that is poison (drugs or alcohol) is breaking us down from the start,.. I wonder how many people on there death beds regret the fact that they did drugs or drank??? I regret my days of that stuff,.. I thank God I don't do it anymore..

I hope things work out for everyone involved Threefeathers...

Every family has members in this category...some change and some do not.
    Not much one can do to another adult who refuses to listen to 'facts' about booze and length of quality life.
    Sorry to hear about the broken heart of the 'mom.

Take care...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Sorry to hear it. Addiction is rough on everyone, not just the addict. I hope and pray that he will somehow see the light and get himself straight before it's at the point of no return, but from your post, that seems awfully close. Someone once told me that "if you're going to get it together, you've got to do it from the inside. It's not something anyone else can tell you or give you, you have to do it for yourself. And that's always going to be true, no matter how bad things may seem at the time." Wise words. I will still hope, for your MIL's sake, that he gets it together in the nick of time. It's got to be very difficult for her as a parent, to watch her child do this to himself. Please give her a bunnyhug for me.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    Totally stinks,.. . Any addiction is horrible.. Anything we put in our bodys that is poison (drugs or alcohol) is breaking us down from the start,.. I wonder how many people on there death beds regret the fact that they did drugs or drank??? I regret my days of that stuff,.. I thank God I don't do it anymore..

I hope things work out for everyone involved Threefeathers...
    Honestly I have a feeling very few. They live to drink/use, and they regret not being able to drink/use any more.

Eric Clapton had a great quote at the time his autobiography came out to the effect of he thought about suicide but what stopped him was the realization that if he were dead, he would not be able to drink.

I really wish I could find the quote.

Links