Mexican Coke

Mexican Coke

This is a discussion on Mexican Coke within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Coca Cola that is. Finally found some and it harkens back to the old days, the reason being, they use sugar instead of high fructose ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexican Coke

Mexican Coke

Coca Cola that is. Finally found some and it harkens back to the old days, the reason being, they use sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. No carmel-like after taste, smoother and oh so good. In glass bottles too. A little pricey but worth it.. jh

JD
    Administrator
    I've got two bottles in the fridge.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    Coca Cola that is. Finally found some and it harkens back to the old days, the reason being, they use sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. No carmel-like after taste, smoother and oh so good. In glass bottles too. A little pricey but worth it.. jh
    The entire scam of that awful New Coke was an excuse to change from sugar to high fructose corn syrup in Coke Classic.

I once brought a 1/2 a case back from the Carribean in my suitcase. It was quite heavy. When asked what was in it while going through customs I told them it was coke...

Most definitely, coke with sugar is far better than the sweet syrupy concoction they sell now.

VIP Member
    I agree it's not the "same ole coke".

I also recall Coke's sort of "burning" my mouth when I was a kid
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I agree it's not the "same ole coke".

I also recall Coke's sort of "burning" my mouth when I was a kid
    yea in those 6 oz bottles for a nickle
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    pepsi has that to0 - not in glass though - they got the dew also and they got pepsi naturals in glass that is all natural
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Administrator
    Coca~Cola has just not been the same ever since they took the cocaine out of it.

When launched Coca-Cola's two key ingredients were cocaine (benzoylmethyl ecgonine) and caffeine. The cocaine was derived from the coca leaf and the caffeine from kola nut, leading to the name Coca-Cola (the "K" in Kola was replaced with a "C" for marketing purposes).

Coca — Cocaine
    Pemberton called for five ounces of coca leaf per gallon of syrup, a significant dose; in 1891, Candler claimed his formula (altered extensively from Pemberton's original) contained only a tenth of this amount.
    Coca-Cola did once contain an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass, but in 1903 it was removed.
    Coca-Cola still contains coca flavoring.

After 1904, instead of using fresh leaves, Coca-Cola started using "spent" leaves—the leftovers of the cocaine-extraction process with cocaine trace levels left over at a molecular level.

To this day, Coca-Cola uses as an ingredient a cocaine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey.

In the United States, Stepan Company is the only manufacturing plant authorized by the Federal Government to import and process the coca plant, which it obtains mainly from Peru and, to a lesser extent, Bolivia. Besides producing the coca flavoring agent for Coca-Cola, Stepan Company extracts cocaine from the coca leaves, which it sells to Mallinckrodt, a St. Louis, Missouri pharmaceutical manufacturer that is the only company in the United States licensed to purify cocaine for medicinal use.
    Stepan Company buys about 100 metric tons of dried Peruvian coca leaves each year, according to Marco Castillo, spokesman for Peru's state-owned National Coca Co.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Those were the days!!! lol

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    If you look in Kosher shops you can still find what is called kosher coke that has natural sugar in it.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Cane sugar soda's are the best. Better than Mexican coke is Boylan Cane Cola
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I've got a half-case of MexiCoke in the fridge - good stuff, but yipes, it was almost $20 for a case from Sam's.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'll have to try it if I ever go to Mexico. I can't have much, as a diabetic. And I'm addicted to Diet Coke. Heck, I'm surprised that I haven't started to take it IV!

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Yup, there is also a cane sugar Dr. Pepper that is only made at one plant in TX--I forget where, but it was Gooooood!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I hate the ads for CLASSIC Coke. Classic to me means cane sugar. That crisp clean taste you used to get from an ice cold bottle of soda, pop or whatever you call it in your neck of the woods. Mexican Coke is fine but a little sweeter than the old Coke. The Caribbean sodas for the most part use cane sugar since it is cheaper for them than corn syrup.

Pepsi now markets a Natural Sugar Pepsi.. They do not say anything other than Natural..? Is it Cane Sugar, Beet Sugar, Fish Sugar or what. I never heard of UN-Natural sugar..LOL

I remember the taste of Dr. Pepper when I was down South in the early sixties and boy was it good. A few years later I tried when I got back home in NY and it no didn't had that crisp bite.

Let the people decide !!!! Put out both products for a while and see what the folks buy. Oh no... That would be a little too democratic in today's world, like the way Washington decides for us as to what we want or need.

bosco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I once brought a 1/2 a case back from the Carribean in my suitcase. It was quite heavy. When asked what was in it while going through customs I told them it was coke...
    When you said that I bet the look on the inspectors face was priceless.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links