Funny question my 8 year old asked....

This is a discussion on Funny question my 8 year old asked.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Squawker Thanis, 27 in a 25? Karma or not, that's just the droppings of a common barn yard fowl frequently barbequed in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny question my 8 year old asked....

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Thanis, 27 in a 25? Karma or not, that's just the droppings of a common barn yard fowl frequently barbequed in the summer! That cop must have really been in a bad mood, or just a *****!
    When I swerved, he was in the other lane (I did pass the yellow line). When I say he was in the other lane, he was a little bit ahead of me. When he first stopped me he was asking questions as if it was a DWI. Then he was acting like I was trying to scare him. Simply put, he did not believe there was a racoon, and thought it was stupid to speed up to miss a racoon. I told him you had to be there. He responded better to hit a racoon then cause an accident. The speeding ticket was 1/2 I scared him and I think his adrenaline was up, and he was sort of giving me a break, as I think he could have written it up on something more.

Again, I desided, learn two lessons, count my blessings, consider it karma.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

A long long time ago in a far away place I busted onto a federal installation by gunning the '74 sporty that I was riding at the gate guard...passed two cars in a no passing doing 105 in a 35....utlimately the motor died and I pulled over. About 6 or 8 MP cars circled me before I could get the kick stand down. Threw me on the hood. Had to call the Staff Duty NCO to get us out of the pokey. Fortunately at that time Tennessee did not have anything stiffer than failure to yield to an emergency vehicle a simple 25 buck out of court ticket. The reckless driving on the other hand had a mandatory court appearance. The court? The federal magistrate. I expected 2 days and 500 bucks (the going rate according to the MPs)...the judge gave me 75 bucks. I had sold the Harley before the court date and sucked up big to the judge. The reason I got pulled to start with? My passenger that I picked up at the bar flipped off a MP who had some pulled over on the reservation but not within the fence. He got busted rank for that. Top told me after the court date that he had to do something to make an example. He said as an NCO he could make me give a class on the safe operation of a motor vehicle on base...what would you tell them? If you plan to outrun the cops make sure to have a full tank of gas. He slapped me on the back and it was the last I heard....

When I went to the bar I was on reserve! :(

Youthful indiscretions can be overcome as long as you don't make it a habit. My kids don't know but DSS sure does.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Quote Originally Posted by rolyat63 View Post
    A long long time ago in a far away place I busted onto a federal installation....
    Nice start.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

22 tickets in 4 years not proud but has to be a record.
    Not even close.

One guy earned 13 tickets in one night. Only one was for a moving violation. If he would've kept his mouth shut he would've gotten a speeding ticket and a warning to slow it down, as well as a smile.

The other twelve were for equipment violations. Just to add, they all "stuck" and he was fined on each and every charge.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Nice start.
    No kidding! I should have just stopped and gave her my ID. As you might imagine, I don't recommend it.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

back in my younger days (1980 I think) I had a kawasaki 900. too fast for a kid my age. I left the house and was riding down the street when the car in frount of me seamed to be going way to slow. so, "blip" and I passed him. then the next car, "blip" another bites the dust. blip, a third go's by. I look in the miror to admirer my handywork and there are flashing lights WAY, WAY back there. oops, I pull over and wait..... radar said 90 in a 45 zone. along with "failure to make a complete stop" at two stop signs. he did not write up the stop signs.. that was expensive. did I mention that I like fast bikes? very bad for my pocket though.

edit added: no tickets in 10+ years.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links