I Might Be OFF THe Air For A While

This is a discussion on I Might Be OFF THe Air For A While within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am a comcast customer, I have always had comcast cable. About 2 years ago they had a $99 special, that we all see now, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Might Be OFF THe Air For A While

Distinguished Member

I am a comcast customer, I have always had comcast cable. About 2 years ago they had a $99 special, that we all see now, for all 3 services. I locked into that for a year ( good deal). After that year special it jumped to $144.00. I have been paying that for about a year now ( I can't get Verizon FIOS in my area yet ). Tonight I saw a comcast commercial for a special for new customers, $99.00 a month for 2 years plus $250.00 cash back. I called and asked to be locked in for 2 years at $99.00 a month. They said that I did not qualify because I already have that service. That just doesn't sit right with me, I have been a good customer for over 25 years, an old, good paying customer can't get a new special. I told them to cancel my service, it should take effect in 10 days. I hope I can find something else by that time. I really like there net, but I think I can do better with my phone ( I hate there phone service ) and cable service.

I can afford it, but it's just the principle. If they would not have had that offer I would not change, even though Verizon has better phone service.

Good for you. I would have expected them to balk when you said cancel it, and then give you the deal. I guess they don't' honor customer loyalty.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    yeah i loved there net nice and fast but that sucks
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

dude, its a phone company, how many times in the history of the world have they ever done anythign to actually help a loyal customer out? that answer is NONE. they want the new people and thats all they care about. sadly.

good job sticking to your guns and ditching them for a better deal though

If you continue to call and pry them, eventually they will make a deal with you.

My wife does that all the time with companies we have dealt with for years.

Keep trying, good luck!!!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I'd dump Comcast in a hearbeat and get FIOS. However, they don't offer the Phillies and my son and mother-in-law would probably kill me.

Put the new special deal service in your middle name, wife, or a friend's name as new service.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldogy View Post
    Put the new special deal service in your middle name, wife, or a friend's name as new service.
    oldogy
    You might be on to something there. I might try that, but they still leave me with a bad feeling.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Redrick, I think that you're the one that's wrong. Companies run special deals all the time, not to give their current customers a better deal, but to get new customers. You can be mad at them, but all companies do the same thing. And given the current economy, the deals will be better just to attract customers.

Distinguished Member
    I agree with you to a certain point, but when they make a deal, that good ( 2 years for $99.00 and $250.00 cash back ) that is a slap in there long time customers faces. I could see your point if it was for 6 months and no money back. They must be desperate, I just hope they lose as any costumers as they gain, but I dought it.

I use Vonage for phones service and the local cable co for Internet. Vonage is excellent.
    I can understand the Companies point but still you should try to do the best for yourself. Dumb of them to lose you completely instead of giving you the deal since it came to that.

Distinguished Member
    Well they made me a offer to keep me. It's not the exact same deal that they advertised on TV for new costumers, but it was good enough to keep me for a year. They gave me all three services for $99.00 a month, for a year, with no contract, but I lost the movie channels, which I don't watch anyway.

The basic problem with ALL cable cos. (I have Comcast) is that they are MONOPOLIES.
    The phone cos. were "de-monopolized" but not cable.
    No competion=bad service and no price choice.
    I HATE THE CABLE COMPANY.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I went through a similar situation with our cable co. I had the cable TV, Internet and phone service and after the term was up I negotiated what I felt was a fair and mutually beneficial agreement with them.
    Then I noticed that each month, our bill would jump all over the place. It varied so much that I called them on it and got some song and dance but we supposedly worked it out. Few months later, same thing happened. It was all screwed up and each rep I spoke with promised to fix it and each month it was wrong and I had to explain it yet again to a new rep.

Finally told them to cancel it and split my services up. Went with DirecTV for satellite service. I was happy with them before we moved and should have just gone with them again from the start in the new house.

No, DirecTV isn't perfect (none of them are) but I'm happy with it and my bill is EXACTLY the same every month down to the penny.

Good luck whatever you choose.

I dumped Comcast for ATT u-verse last week, very happy so far
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links