These dogs scare the heck out of me!

This is a discussion on These dogs scare the heck out of me! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These dogs scare the heck out of me! I love dogs so, I am not knocking Pit Bulls. Just imagine a BG's surprise if he ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I love dogs so, I am not knocking Pit Bulls. Just imagine
    a BG's surprise if he found one of these inside your home

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I'll tell you though...I've lived with a pitbull before and that was the friendliest dog I've ever seen
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Man, I gotta agree with you. These American Staffordshire Terriers (aka PitBulls) are intimidating as heck. They probably suffer from the same hype as Dobermans used to get. I've never lived with PitBulls, but I have lived with several Dobes. Dobes are very sensitive and smart, so Training and Treatment are the keys to a well-behaved dog (or a not-well-behaved dog). There is a lazy Dobe taking up a whole loveseat in my TV room right now.

I guess it depends upon which end you're staring at...the end leaving, or the front coming at ya'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Numerous news stories have had tales of BGs breaking into homes and yards and actually _stealing_ AST/Bulldog/Boxer mix and pure breed dogs even so much as carrying them away without fuss.

Key is to not get them riled as related to their owner/pack leader.
    Otherwise generally they are as docile as rabbits.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomChemEngin View Post
    Man, I gotta agree with you. These American Staffordshire Terriers (aka PitBulls) are intimidating as heck. They probably suffer from the same hype as Dobermans used to get. I've never lived with PitBulls, but I have lived with several Dobes. Dobes are very sensitive and smart, so Training and Treatment are the keys to a well-behaved dog (or a not-well-behaved dog). There is a lazy Dobe taking up a whole loveseat in my TV room right now.
    That's right, training and treatment. The problem I have is when people own these dogs and allow them to become a problem dog. It's really not the dog's fault. That being said, I still like my lazy sleepy retriever mix. Not an agressive bone in her body, unless she is defending her turf.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    yeah pit bulls are nice only if you know them otherwise they are very intimidating
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I think that the first pic is computer generated...no way that's real.
    They're not nearly as mean as they look..thank goodness.
    They are CAPABLE...there's difference between that and mean.

http://www.northlandbulldogges.com/

Those are some beautiful animals that the OP posted.

That first dog is like Mr. Universe ripped! Steroids???

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Here's mine. Not an Amstaff, but rather a Presa Canario. She is 11 months old in this photo. She's 18 months old now and 130 pounds. Unlike a PB, she is very territorial. Unless they completely lack a sense of self-preservation uninvited guests don't get anywhere near the fence.

Siafu, your dog is one of the coolest looking animals I have ever seen.

Pretty intimidating, too.

Siafu,
    She is gorgeous ! I have family in the Canaries, seen a few of these there on their natural turf. Can be very intimidating.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Here's mine. Not an Amstaff, but rather a Presa Canario. She is 11 months old in this photo. She's 18 months old now and 130 pounds. Unlike a PB, she is very territorial. Unless they completely lack a sense of self-preservation uninvited guests don't get anywhere near the fence.

Nice "puppy"

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

The only dog that has ever tried to attack me was a pit. Dobes are big babies unless they are trained to be mean, Rotties are the same, but the guy behind me used to have pits, they were always up here growling at me and my family. A few well placed 22 rat shot rounds broke them (no I was not trying to kill them). I came home one day and a whole litter of his has taken up residence on my front porch and were terrorizing my cats (hey they keep snakes and rats out of my yard so I feed em once in a while).

There were 6 of them pups, and 9 shots in my revolver of rat shot, each got a taste and wanted no more.

Now I did (accidentally) kill a boxer my neighbor had. She was chasing my cats and I shot (what I thought was way over her head) and actually killed her. Made me sick to have done it. The guy understood and there were no hard feelings, but I still felt bad for a while.

Anyway, a pit is the only dog that has a death warrant and the only thing it has to do is growl or act like it's coming after one of my family. I no longer have the 22 revolver so it's off to the old hunting ground if I feel threatened.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    Siafu,
    She is gorgeous ! I have family in the Canaries, seen a few of these there on their natural turf. Can be very intimidating.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    Siafu, your dog is one of the coolest looking animals I have ever seen.

Pretty intimidating, too.
    Thanks guys. She is a GREAT dog. It is like having your own personal 4 legged bodyguard on duty 24/7. Even big pitbulls look like little chicken-wing snacks compared to her massive body mass and lean mastiff frame.

My friend has a Fila Brasileiro and it too is as nasty as a rattlesnake. Very sedate and easy to live with but will disembowel an intruder in the blink of an eye. It has gone through the screen door 3 times until finally he has to put a heavy steel door with decorative bars to contain the dog. It loves him and his wife and a few select people. Great dogs. Very smart but EXTREMELY intolerant of strangers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links