2010 Census

2010 Census

This is a discussion on 2010 Census within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If Acorn comes to your home with the 2010 Census long form, what will you do:...

View Poll Results: How will you answer the 2010 Census long form?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Answer all questions honestly and truthfully

11 11.46%
  • Answer most of the questions, omitting personal data

9 9.38%
  • Answer some truthfully, lie on others

3 3.13%
  • Anything other than the # of residents, it ain't none of the government's business

73 76.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Census

2010 Census

If Acorn comes to your home with the 2010 Census long form, what will you do:

Acorn & U.S. Census................

I'll let the dog out to "explain" to them we're too busy to answer the questions.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Name, rank, and serial number - That's all I understand the constitution to require.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Happy to answer the door, OCing, with the dogs. I guess then it just depends on how long they're comfortable standing in the doorway? *snicker*

I mean, um...what smotta said.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Wow, fast responses. I was still forming the poll questions (I havent quite got the whole posting a poll thing down yet). Anyway, the reason I post this question is that in the history of the country, nobody has ever been fined or jailed for falsifying or out right failure to take the census. These days, however, I wouldn't be surprised with all this CHANGE crap we all kept hearing about. I just know in my gut that the question of "Do you own any guns?", and "How many do you own?" and "What type do you own?" will pop up. (I don't put anything past this administration) I plan on following in the footsteps of Michele Bachmann (R - MN) and only telling them how many live in the home. It is none of their concern on how much $$ I make, what type of vehicle I drive, how long it takes for me to take a shower, how many times in a day the toilet is flushed, how many miles I drive to work, and I sure as hell ain't gonna tell a complete stranger what freakin' time I leave for work every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now fellas, just because ACORN as been indited for vote registration fraud in several states and accused in many more is no reason to suspect that with the millions of $$$ Obama is giving them thee will be anything fishie with the census.

The last long form census I got I answered every question truthfully (under threat of governmental action against me for failure/refusal), after the number of residents I answered......

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    NOYFB

Never heard anything back from them.

Not that it would change my opinion on name, rank and serial number, we ALREADY HAVE an entire BATTALION of paid, trusted, hard working individuals who go door to door EVERY day. Why the.... are we not using them?
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

VIP Member
    I'd have to see the form, but probably only answer the questions that actually pertain to the census.

It is not enough that the government wants all of our money. They also want to know everything about our life.
    You all should see the questions that they are going to ask on the census(when do you leave for work, what is your cell number, distance that you drive during the week, etc). One question that they do not ask is if you are a LEGAL CITIZEN.

Chances are very good that only the Rhodesian will be home, and he isn't talking.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hmmmmm members of the house are allocated based on the census right? Well I think the 6,000 other people that live in my house (but are away on vacation right now) don't want me to reveal any of their personal identifying information.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Well, all I can find so far (short look thru google) is the short form, which everyone will have mailed to them, and only has about 10 questions.

Here...http://www.census.gov/schools/pdf/2010form_info.pdf

No more long form (they say). All that will be done by a different process.

So, I'm not sure how I feel. I do genealogy, and those census forms are critical for finding family.

I'll have to mull on this for awhile...

ACORN shows up, all bets are off.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

My wife works as a field operations supervisor for the census here in Michigan. I give here a hard time about acorn , but so far nobody affiliated with acorn are in the area.

By law here in Mi. you need to answer .. How many occupants in household? The age of occupants and the sex of occupants. After that you can shut the door in there face.

And that is all the info they will get out of me.
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

They might be lucky enough to dodge the slamming door after they introduce themselves.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

If ACORN shows up I'm telling them to send someone else. All I am going to answer is what I have to by law, how many live in the house.

The Gubment already knows my household income, they already know the Sq footage of my house, they already know how many cars I have, etc.

If they need a refresher I suggest they search their records for it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links