Funny thread at GT

This is a discussion on Funny thread at GT within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Found this funny thread at Glock Talk. You people are absolutely nuts... - Glock Talk You people are absolutely nuts... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Good morning, everyone. My ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny thread at GT

Funny thread at GT

Found this funny thread at Glock Talk.

You people are absolutely nuts... - Glock Talk

You people are absolutely nuts...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning, everyone. My name is Ebony Utopia, and I've just today decided to join your forum and try to engage you all in constructive discussion regarding the subversive gun-culture and what leads you people to believe in such archaic concepts as the 2nd Amendment and Wild West firearms freedoms. I decided to ask here, because Glocktalk has earned itself quite a reputation amongst those of us who favor progress over gun violence, and as such your website is monitored by quite a few groups.

In addition to being a part-time lecturer I'm also a researcher at a state university, but despite my educational background and work in academics I'm also no stranger to knee-jerk reactionaries, anti-government rebels and, to be honest, outright bigots--as a black man raised in the inner-city, educated in both sprawling urban melting pots and backwoods hillbilly territory, I've seen my share of ugliness.

And it's precisely this kind of ugliness that has earned this website such distinction among more the more level-headed of us in the academic community. I'm here because none of my colleagues are willing to devote much time to holding discussions with people of your extremist political stance. Please allow me ask a few questions, and allow me the honor of holding a pleasant discussion with you...if that's possible for folks like you.

1) You can't POSSIBLY believe that removing gun control from American Life would be a GOOD THING! To say with a straight face that allowing every American to pack heat with banana clips and copkiller bullets and WALK THE STREET with such tools of genocide CONCEALED will REDUCE CRIME? Hah!! I'd sooner believe rantings out of Mein Kampf than to believe having a city full of Rambos would lead to peace and happiness. Tell me you folks don't actually believe that nonsense!!

2) How can you possibly hold fast to the ridiculous notion that the 2nd Amendment applies TODAY? It was written by slave-owning domestic terrorists who ran away from royalty because they were too cheap to pay taxes and wanted to practice a bigoted religion in peace while they murdered Indians and exploited the black man. And when King George tried to stop such butchery and oppression, these rebelious insurgents took up weapons of mass destruction and defied him! And you call these people HEROES???? You wish to perpetuate the silly (if not tragic) laws they conceived?????

3) I know a lot of you are either republicans or libertarians, and most all of you very anti-government and very much anti-Obama. For one, who gives you the right to hate your government? To think YOU know better than your DEMOCRATICALLY-ELECTED GOVERNMENT LEADERS? Moreover, how can you actually say--without breaking out in laughter or perhaps crying--that Obama is worse than Bush??? How can you possibly want the lawless atmosphere of greedy capitalists run amok without any regulation at all?? DID NONE OF YOU WATCH WHAT BUSH DID OVER THE PAST 8 YEARS??

AMAZING!!!!!

He destroyed our economy. He destroyed the advances made by the Clinton Administration, particularly in Bill's socially-aware tax structures and firearms restrictions. You think just letting people do whatever they want is a good thing???? What happened after Bush allowed the greedy capitalists to dominate the stock market? Oh yeah...THE WORST FINANCIAL CRISIS IN A CENTURY!! And you actually want to go BACK TO THAT??

Obama, praise His vision, isn't stupid enough to allow that to keep going. He's ushered in a Renaissance in Progressive Humanitarianism and Equality, and soon all will feel the warmth of sincere brotherhood and bask in the comfort of civic unity.

Come on, guys...be serious. People don't need to be armed. The only people in need of weapons are the police, and preferably a large civilian police force (which Obama and Holder, two ingenious and progressive thinkers, will soon put together). People can't be trusted to make such decisions as to shoot or not to shoot. And they certainly can't be allowed to just earn and spend irresponsibly!! We've seen what that sort of lunatic rightwing economics does, and it's time to put a stop to such reckless abandon and departure from common sense!!

It's my sincere Hope that all of you will come to your senses, recognize just how wrong your views truly were and join us in our struggle to rebuild America and this time, truly make it a country we can be proud of. Like Michelle, I'm now proud of this country...and I'm doing what I can to make it even better.

Progress has arrived. Hope has arrived. Change has arrived. And if you'll just unclench your fist, We will open our arms.

Praise Obama's name, and Praise America. Thank you for reading, everyone.

2. Remove Ads

***?!?

Please tell that this was a joke post!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

That is TOO funny!

I'd bet my bottom dollar that was written in jest.

I love the "I'd like to have a pleasant discussion-if that is possible with people like you" comment, followed by attacks/talking points that are over the top in their incendiary nature.

Funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh on a Tuesday morning.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

It may be written as a joke but people actually believe in what he or she is saying. Who are the groups that are "monitoring" such forums as glocktalk... the FBI, Homeland Security, etc? I probably would not be surprise if this is done currently.

I've heard people like this. I have to keep my temper in check and not blurt out that they go F-themselves and to leave the US and go to Iran or the UK if the US is such a bad place to live. I do live in the Northeast and we are sorrounded by pinkos. Sometimes, I wonder if I should move to TX. they talked about secession from the Union a few months ago...hmmm.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

VIP Member
    For some one who claims to be an academic, he/she needs to do some better research.

it does not matter if it is real or not. I bet that a reply to him will do neather any good. his mind is made up and you will not change it.

got to love the USA, you have the freedome to be as stupid as you like. (for now at least)
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Sadly I have met someone that thinks just like that. I had a long talk with them, call it recon, and they scared me. Their webpage is legendary in its sheer arrogant fanaticism to an impossible utopia, where everyone is a vegan, and guns are illegal, and no one can possibly harm anyone. Am I saying there are tons of people that all are like that no, but there are enough to scare me.
    I'll try and find this girls website. Its scary.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    We finally found the Gecko45 of the Anti-gun world. Too funny (or not funny at all).
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I hope that thread on GT gets hundreds upon hundreds of hits but not a single reply. Somebody on here has it as their signature line "There's no point in arguing with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Is that a joke?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I would love to sit down and have a nice chat with this person.

Ebony Utopia? I think (without being bigoted or racist at all) that such a user name points out exactly what the ultimate agenda is and correctly describes the passion that supports the creation of the "vision" that this person is serving.

This isn't about "gun control." It's about how great Obama is because he is not a white man. IOW, it's anti-whitey BS from soup to nuts. That means that it's either Sharpton or Jackson in disguise.

FWIW, I think that Obama is being lead astray. He needs to start TALKING instead of listening to his agenda driven assistants.

VIP Member
    A gift for GT from us:

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Original thread has been nuked... someone must have answered honestly...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Come on, doesn't the name Ebony Utopia strike anyone else as suspect? 'Black Paradise'.

I agree with Rob P., this is just someone trying to stir the pot and get people riled up. Sadly though, I am certain that there are individuals who have this mindset and believe this drivel.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links