Dodge Warning - Page 2

Dodge Warning

This is a discussion on Dodge Warning within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've owned Chevys, Jeeps and Fords. Cost for repairs for the Jeep where way out there. Repairs for the Chevy were constant. But the Fords ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodge Warning

I've owned Chevys, Jeeps and Fords. Cost for repairs for the Jeep where way out there. Repairs for the Chevy were constant.

But the Fords that I have owned (4 total) have been minor and mostly easy fixes.

I don't make fun of other makes of vehicles, but I will stay loyal to Ford, Wish they still made Excursions. Family consists of 4 kids, wife, dog and me.

I currently own a 92 Ford Bronco and a 01 Expedition.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

2003 Dodge 4x4 1500 5.9 hemi
    -Total front end replacement @ 50000 miles. took 3 trips to the dealer.
    -A/C inop twice ignition switch fixed it both times!
    -transfer case linkage fell out had to replace entire 4x4 shifter!
    -when started will run like crap...no power. Have to kill it and restart then its
    fine. contiual. Gave up on Dodge fixing it.

Currently have 101,000 miles on it
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Had a 1996 Dodge Caravan. Let's see, driver's window linkage replaced twice, passenger window linkage replaced once, A/C had to be repaired every spring, radio replaced completely (buttons no longer worked), completely replaced all of the windshield wiper components (motor, body control module), transmission went while coming back from Ohio, spent an extra couple of days outside of Buffalo, NY. Replacement transmission went up a year later. Drove it to a Honda dealer stuck in second gear and asked him how much he would give me for it. "$100." He then suggested donating it to charity, which actually worked out pretty well.

Bought a Honda Odyssey, that was in 2003. So far it's needed only oil changes and a brake job.

Had a '96 stratus - averaged putting it in the shop every other month for the first six months; new tranny, new a/c, etc. When I put it up for auction (didn't want to be the one to pass on the pos to someone else) it was leaking oil from around the spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    They confirm the dealer has ordered the part, but they can not give me any idea when they will be able to ship the part out.
    Sound like what I've been reading about Taurus' customer service...
    By the way, I am not knocking Taurus - my two EDCs are Taurean.

The top three is why I drive a Tundra.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

We had a jeep Liberty that had front end issues that casused us to eventually sell/trade in because of the cost to repair, etc. Never again.

Probably my best car ever was a 2002 Intrepid. I still have it with 92K on it. I would have bought a new one if they didn't quit making them.

My latest vehicle. 2008 Toyota 4Runner! Awesome SUV. And they aren't in bankruptcy!

Heck Toyota just developed a powered wheelchair controlled by "thought control!" How's that for cool!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I must've just gotten lucky with my 93 and 98 Dodge Dakotas.

Not much in the way of problems with either one. The 93 needed a fuel pump replaced on it.

Well over 100K on both of them.

My wife's 01 Durango, on the other hand, has had persistent brake problems.

Bought a brand new 1500 quad cab 4WD. Nice truck to drive but in the 102K miles I owned it (99.9% highway/three years) I put in two throttle position sensors, a new head (right side) due to improper head gasket (water hole missing), had the transmission rebuilt, engine pinging so they flashed the computer and reduced the engine power what felt like at least 25% (not good), vacuum leak in heater controls which caused the transmission to go in and out of OD constantly. They said they'd have to tear out the whole dash, I placed an after market vacuum reservoir in the line instead, fixed problem.

I bought a brand new vehicle so that I wouldn't have these kinds of problems. Dodge was supposed to be a good brand and it was nice to drive, but reliable, you couldn't prove it by me, and it's unlikely I'll ever buy another one.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

dodge

guess some people would break an anvil with a rubber hammer. 1997 jeep grand cherokee 197k one water pump, one set of spark plugs. was running great till wife rolled it. 1998 dodge dakota 240k plus, original clutch,didnt use oil, decided wanted more power. built a 400 plus hp 318. decided to tear down original engine no ridge still had hone marks. it could go on and on since 1961.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links