My Dad's gone

This is a discussion on My Dad's gone within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After a long illness, my father passed away last Saturday night, 8:45 p.m., 03-18-06. He was 73. In his younger days, he was an avid ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dad's gone

My Dad's gone

After a long illness, my father passed away last Saturday night, 8:45 p.m., 03-18-06. He was 73. In his younger days, he was an avid hunter and has a collection of shotguns and a few rifles, only two handguns, his mom's .22 and a Titan .25 of his own. He never served in the military due to leg injury as a child but you will never meet a more patriotic man or proud American. He raised two great sons, of which I am proud to say I am one.

God bless you all.
    Last edited by czman2006; March 22nd, 2006 at 06:06 PM.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

My Sympathy To You & Your Family

R.I.P. Dad

"He raised two great sons, of which I am proud to say I am one."
    Yes he did...the one Son that we are privileged to know here on our forum is great.

VIP Member
    I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I think he would be proud to know he has a son who loves him so much.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Assistant Administrator
    Terry - my heartfelt sympathies go out to you, your bro and remaining family.

How often I wonder do we think over the years - yeah, Mom and Dad - they'll always be there!

My Dad passed May 1st 1997, my Mom March 8 2003 - I miss them both and sometimes find it hard to remember, I can no longer pick up the phone for a chat. My Dad had also suffered a long illness - well a combination of things really, over maybe four to five years and in a sense I ''lost'' him well before he died but - I have bucket's full of great memories from younger days, and those I treasure.

I doubt there is much any of us here can do other than be around to give you some diversionary company - but should you need anything, just holler.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Im sorry also about your father. I lost mine in december and i know what its like. Keep strong!
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Stay strong CZ, It's hard I know. I lost my Mom when I was 15 and it was very hard. My dad is now going to be 79 in April and that just shocks me as he is a very youthful 79 years of age, I am very greatful for that.

Prayers to you and your family CZ.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

los
    I am deeply saddened to hear about your Father's passing. My sincere, heartfelt condolenses go out to you and your family.

- Jimmy
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

czMan2006:

May you find peace, and may time do its quiet work and heal you. You'll miss your Dad a lot, but you have wonderful memories to hold forever. Just ask if you want to chat with any of us - we'd be glad to listen

Lead Moderator
    sorry for your loss. Remember the good times and cherish them.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sorry for your loss! I know and everyone here knows or will know what you go thru. Both my parents are gone now, but the memories are forever planted in my brain. They'll be there for you too.

Don't recall who said in the posts but hug em when ya can and tell often how much you love em!....we're all gonna go someday, but hey, life is good!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

I just went through this myself. I'm still going through it.

First you take it one minute at a time. Then you take it one hour at a time. Finally you take it one day at a time. But it still sucks. That part never changes. Some wounds never heal, and some things you can't replace.

I'm right there with you, even these 5 months down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 5:4
    Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted.

Lead Moderator
    Sorry for your loss.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

So sorry for your loss. My dad passed away six years ago and my mother 20 years ago.

In fact it was rather strange. I'm not always great at remembering dates and if you had asked me when my mother passed away I would have difficulty remembering the exact year let alone the exact date. Yesterday (Mar 19) I was looking through a bunch of old pictures/documents that I'm working on archiving digitally, since I hadn't gone through them in quite awhile. Anyway, ran across the death certificate for my mother, and she had died on March 19, 1985, exactly 21 years ago to the day...hmmmm, wonder what the odds are on that.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Sorry to hear about your father my prayers for you and yours

VIP Member
    CZ, sorry to read of the passing of your dad. I will not tell you that time will heal the wounds, but that time will create a callus over the pain. I lost my mother in 1980 and my father in 1982, but hardly a day goes by that there is not something to remind me of them. If you have read my posts you know that I had a great dad and miss him greatly. That being said I am not sad nor do I hurt because they are gone, I miss them and wish I could call or even write to them. The legacy they left is still strong and I work to pass it forward to my children and to those around me.

Our prayers are with you during your time of grief.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links