Bad Economy EQUALS More Crime

This is a discussion on Bad Economy EQUALS More Crime within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Monthly jobless claims out. Another 400,000 plus jobs lost. Unemployment will eventually break 10% plus. The Annoited One, Chairman Obama, will pass another so called ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Economy EQUALS More Crime

Bad Economy EQUALS More Crime

Monthly jobless claims out. Another 400,000 plus jobs lost. Unemployment will eventually break 10% plus. The Annoited One, Chairman Obama, will pass another so called Stimulus Package (Keyensian Economics doesn't work), Pass Cap & Trade (Tax and Kill), and pass Universal Crap Care. Although the US economy is resilient, it will collapse under its own weight. The OBAMA team will tax the hell out of you AND print money. The latter will eventually lead to inflation worse than the Carter years.

My friends, I firmly believe the US economy will tank to depression era levels. This coming from an individual who studied International Business and Finance in Graduate School. When the economy tanks crime will go up. Crime levels that we have never seen in our life times. This is the time for us, THE RESPONSIBLE AMERICAN, to protect our loved ones from desperate criminals. I am at the point where I may take an Intermediate or Advanced Level Handgun Tactical Defense Course. Keep a watchful eye, be vigiliant and exercise good judgement.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    My fears are the same. Luckily I am on 22 acres some of which is already being used as farm land. I plan on buying live stock and taking measures to fortify my property. I am also buying non perishable goods and bottled water. I have never been much of a survivalist, but I am doing what I can to prepare for a social and economical melt down. Hopefully it wont happen, but I wont count on any outside help if it does.

My friend, thousands of people are sharing the same sentiments. You are taking the appropriate steps to ensure the safety of you and your family.

I live in a decent neighborhood, however, just a half mile down the road, it starts to deteriorate. As a result I carry my survival gear, Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP or S&W 642 .38 Special, extra clips or speed loaders, and flashlight. May God help us all if the Communists i.e. The Obama Team takes our firearms away.

Very scary if S ever HTF in the macro sense. I'm reading "One Second After" about life after an EMP bomb... nothing electronic works (including cars), result is chaos, mayhem, sickness, violence, death. Possibly an exaggerated & sensational worst-case account, but really gets you thinking. Big problems with food & medicine shortages, sanitation, disease, etc. Makes me want to store some rice & beans in the basement, along with water filtration equipment, various meds & medical supplies, sterno's, candles, etc., and of course, guns and ammo :)

According to local many local cops, crime (especially theft) is already way up.
    I understand the need to survive, and I even understand someone stealing to do that (if it meant feeding a family...most would), but many of today's true criminals are lazy, drug induced, lack of any work ethic, violent individuals who place no value on human life.
    As the economy worsens, so will crime...be careful out there, it's becoming more dangerous each day.

Stay armed...be very alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Your scenario of chaos taking place in the US is a very real possibility. I even know police officers that are buying up ammo for home use just in case. What a shame.

Let us not be fooled. If Obama can pass Cap & Trade, Healthcare, and more Stimulus, them taking our firearms away is just another feather in his damn cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    Monthly jobless claims out. Another 400,000 plus jobs lost. Unemployment will eventually break 10% plus. The Annoited One, Chairman Obama, will pass another so called Stimulus Package (Keyensian Economics doesn't work), Pass Cap & Trade (Tax and Kill), and pass Universal Crap Care. Although the US economy is resilient, it will collapse under its own weight. The OBAMA team will tax the hell out of you AND print money. The latter will eventually lead to inflation worse than the Carter years.

My friends, I firmly believe the US economy will tank to depression era levels. This coming from an individual who studied International Business and Finance in Graduate School. When the economy tanks crime will go up. Crime levels that we have never seen in our life times. This is the time for us, THE RESPONSIBLE AMERICAN, to protect our loved ones from desperate criminals. I am at the point where I may take an Intermediate or Advanced Level Handgun Tactical Defense Course. Keep a watchful eye, be vigiliant and exercise good judgement.
    And to make things more personal add to that the closing of the prison in my community and the release of 4,400 or so "non-violent" offenders. 100 State troopers lost their jobs, another 100 are supposed to lose theirs and the Sheriff's department is spread so thin we have ONE car patrolling our side of the county at night that is backed up by whatever is left of the Troopers. Try to stay safe.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

You watch your back and the backs of your family. If that happened to my neighborhood, I would carry an additional firearm with extra clips. Hope you have an alarm system. I think I would also get a guard dog, possibly a German Sheapard or a Doberman. I find that dogs are great 1 st alarm system. I would love to see Fido sink his teeth in a bad guys arm. I think I would probably laugh as I pointed my Kimber 45 on his head. At least let the animal have some fun.

VIP Member
    we LEOs here have already seen certain crimes go up, not the big ones (murder rape robbery) but thefts/shoplifting, auto burgs, smash & grab business burgs
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I firmly believe we are on the wrong path, but have not pushed the anarchy button (yet). Some democrats are starting to get nervous, mostly because of the election cycle. Hopefully we will turn the corner soon. I believe on being prepaired, but I won't and do not recommend stirring the pot.

Senior Moderator
    When we see the levels of desperation and hopelessness rise, crime rises with it.

When faith in the government becomes slim to none, crime goes way up.

Still got faith in the government to do the right thing? When that goes,(and it is going rapidly)...then it will hit the fan.

You ain't seen nothin yet...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

This one is going to make Carter look like a genious when it all hots the fan.

With that said, crime is on the rise and it DOES correlate to the economy and it's woes right now. I had a temp working hese a few weeks back that made a VERY SCARY statement to one of my long term employees.

And I quote" if things don't get better for me soon, I don't know how many people I am going to have to rob to put food on my table"

He was deadpan serious too......not joking one bit. We obviously let him go (BTW) but that is a reminder for everyone. Desperate times require desparate measures.

You are only paranoid UNTIL something happens....then you were PREPARED!
    2A is not negotiable

well first off, your unemployment quote is a little "off" depending on who you talk to: True Unemployment Rate Is Not Reflected in Government Numbers -- Seeking Alpha

Second, housing bankruptcy statistics are also "skewed" because the banks are just NOW finding out how many folks simply stopped paying and just walked away from there obligations. It generally takes the banks 3 to 4 months to figure out no one is living in a home, then it takes another 3 months to foreclose. In the mean time, some unscrupulous individuals have broken into the homes and stole EVERYTHING, including the kitchen sink.

NObama seems to think he can turn the economy around simply by standing on the Whitehouse balcony and screaming "everything is okay, we are turning the corner, everyone go to work and life will be good"

If you think crime is bad now, give it another couple of months.

NOBama is going to turn a great many decent people in criminals because some people WILL do whatever they need to, to get by and provide for there family
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Administrator

Prediction:
    Things are going to get bad before they get even worse.

Things may start to look like they are getting better for a while but we are headed for an inflationary depression and it's not going to be good or short.

Globally things are going to get bad also. As goes the U.S. so goes the remainder of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Prediction:
    Things are going to get bad before they get even worse.

Things may start to look like they are getting better for a while but we are headed for an inflationary depression and it's not going to be good or short.

Globally things are going to get bad also. As goes the U.S. so goes the remainder of the world.
    Indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links