More proof my Wife kicks butt

This is a discussion on More proof my Wife kicks butt within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last night in TKD my Wife got a chance to attempt her very first board break. *Disclaimer: We both realize she is 8 months pregnant ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last night in TKD my Wife got a chance to attempt her very first board break.

*Disclaimer: We both realize she is 8 months pregnant and that it may not be the wisest thing for her to do many kicks and such, but we agreed that if she didn't get it within 3 attempts she would stop.*

Carisa breaks her first board

I have to say I am proud of my Princess.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

awesome

So, Paco...

I guess you NEVER complain about her cooking?

Tell the Mrs...nice kick!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    So, Paco...

I guess you NEVER complain about her cooking?

Tell the Mrs...nice kick!
    Nope, I offer to cook and clean the dishes
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Very cool...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I wonder if it was a group effort? Baby said HIYA!!! Word to the wise, never piss her off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Word to the wise, never piss her off!!!
    No way. I made the mistake of showing her how to work my AK, so even if I could run with my jacked up knee she could probably get me at 100 yards easy.

What I find real interesting, in a sad state of affairs sort of way, is other than myself and the instructors and a handful of ladies in the class, there are remarks made form time to time that my wife and I are "teachers' pets" or over achievers, etc. We have both politely said that we believe in doing our best in everything we do to honor God and our instructors, etc, etc.

I think next time I may have to call them out and tell them we aren't only doing this because it is fun but also to add to our lives in health and self defense, and to us it is worth doing extra. Plus with our kids in the earlier classes and watching us while we train we want to bring them up to strive to push themselves past what they think they can do.

-Paco

My wife is always kicking me in bed while she's sleeping.

Guess if that happened to you, you'd be in Traction by now?

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    No way. I made the mistake of showing her how to work my AK, so even if I could run with my jacked up knee she could probably get me at 100 yards easy.

What I find real interesting, in a sad state of affairs sort of way, is other than myself and the instructors and a handful of ladies in the class, there are remarks made form time to time that my wife and I are "teachers' pets" or over achievers, etc. We have both politely said that we believe in doing our best in everything we do to honor God and our instructors, etc, etc.

I think next time I may have to call them out and tell them we aren't only doing this because it is fun but also to add to our lives in health and self defense, and to us it is worth doing extra. Plus with our kids in the earlier classes and watching us while we train we want to bring them up to strive to push themselves past what they think they can do.
    Good For you and your family, Who cares what other people think, They don't seem to bright since you two know more than the rest. Sounds like a in their future.

PACO,

That was AWESOME!!!

Also, How are you healing?
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Nice. I miss martial arts. Have to start again sometime....
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    PACO,

That was AWESOME!!!

Also, How are you healing?
    I am without a cane now for 3 days, but I am at the point where I am getting impatient with my progress. I meet with my Ortho Surgeon Tuesday for him to review my MRI and discuss my options. I am hoping for PT only, other than draining the fluid. Thanks for asking.

Then I'll be posting my board breaking video, which I have a feeling my instructor will not have me start with only 1 board.

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I am without a cane now for 3 days, but I am at the point where I am getting impatient with my progress. I meet with my Ortho Surgeon Tuesday for him to review my MRI and discuss my options. I am hoping for PT only, other than draining the fluid. Thanks for asking.

Then I'll be posting my board breaking video, which I have a feeling my instructor will not have me start with only 1 board.
    Don't rush it or you may re injure/re aggravate the injury.

can't wait to see your board breaking video.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Nice kick! Bada-BOOM!

Been there, busted a few boards back in the day myself when in martial arts.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Thats awesome! Good for her. Now you better quit posting and go do those dishes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links