Did you enjoy Jericho (TV Series)?

This is a discussion on Did you enjoy Jericho (TV Series)? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Curious to see how many folks liked this show. The show ran on CBS from September 20, 2006 through March 25, 2008. It was initially ...

View Poll Results: Did you like Jericho - the TV series?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I really liked Jericho and found it thought-provoking.

49 77.78%
  • I was lukewarm to the series. It was OK, but not great.

12 19.05%
  • I thought it was a complete fairy tale.

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you enjoy Jericho (TV Series)?

Curious to see how many folks liked this show.

The show ran on CBS from September 20, 2006 through March 25, 2008. It was initially canceled after its first full season due to poor ratings. I never watched the show while it was on TV. However, I recently bought the entire 2 seasons on DVD from Amazon.com, and I have been watching them with great interest.

Jericho is an American serial drama that centers on the residents of the fictional town of Jericho, Kansas in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on 23 major cities in the contiguous United States.

The show features a lot of very credible scenarios about people dealing with extremely difficult decisions. I think this series holds a special interest for people who are concerned about 2A rights.

I highly recommend the Jericho TV series. You can find downloads to watch it for free on the internet. Or buy the whole series like I did. Or just watch the repeats, but be sure to watch them in order.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I have seen a few episodes. It is a good show.

I just saw the first few minutes of the first episode (until they see the mushroom cloud). Looks interesting.

VIP Member
    If you have Netflix, you can watch all episodes from your computer.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I watched it every week it was on and when they canceled it I sent my fair share of nuts to them.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

The wife and I both liked the show and yes it was very thought provoking. It shows some of the breakdown you get when people lose the important things like food, power, water etc..
    If anything I think people would be much more panicked and lawless than the characters on the show. I'm afraid that it would be more of every man for them self.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I loved it.

Don't tell me how it ends, as I haven't seen the show, but do they wrap up a bit at the end of the series, or will it make me mad that they just canceled it without any resolution?

I really liked it which surprised me as I normally do not gravitate toward such TEOWAKI type subject matter.
    Also I really liked how they made the shows characters to be multi-generational, multi-gender (and not just showing women tending to 'chirren), multi-ethnicity...and when the Jennings & Rall story arc was introduced wow, I was hooked.

Too bad it was canned. :|
    That and The Unit were my favorite two modern network tv shows, in addition to the also canceled The Shield.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    Don't tell me how it ends, as I haven't seen the show, but do they wrap up a bit at the end of the series, or will it make me mad that they just canceled it without any resolution?
    Both, they do wrap it up quite nicely but then leave you wanting more, ALOT more.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    The end was what ruined it for me ... just another leftist Hollywood suckerpunch.

But until the last couple of episodes its a fun ride.

EW3
    It deserved another couple of seasons and not that rush chop-job of a second season that it got.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I loved it, and there was an interesting campaign to save the show that wasn't like anything they had dealt with before. Everyone was encouraged to purchase "nuts" and mail them to network.

It was OK, but not sure how anyone who has read just a few internet forums, read a few fiction / sci-fi, or seen a few movies could think of it as thought-provoking.

I would agree it touched a "SHTF" market, but it was a bit, well for a lack of a better word, false. There are places in this world, right now, in the news, that would provide a more realistic representation for a SHTF world.

The acting and story lines became weak (especially after the first few) and was a weird mix of modern SHTF version of "Kung-Fu" and "The Stand." It was a mixed message of guns bad but might makes right.

Just my $.02.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    It was OK, but not sure how anyone who has read just a few internet forums, read a few fiction / sci-fi, or seen a few movies could think of it as thought-provoking.

I would agree it touched a "SHTF" market, but it was a bit, well for a lack of a better word, false. There are places in this world, right now, in the news, that would provide a more realistic representation for a SHTF world.

The acting and story lines became weak (especially after the first few) and was a weird mix of modern SHTF version of "Kung-Fu" and "The Stand." It was a mixed message of guns bad but might makes right.

Just my $.02.
    For TV, compared to the reality junk shows and the like it is thought provoking. Certainly there are forums that are better, but it got a few people talking and thinking that are normally oblivious to the world around them.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links