Stay in practice

This is a discussion on Stay in practice within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been running training classes (for other people) and shooting some IDPA matches once or twice a month, but I haven't been to the pistol ...

Thread: Stay in practice

Stay in practice

I've been running training classes (for other people) and shooting some IDPA matches once or twice a month, but I haven't been to the pistol range for a while. Decided I'd run in today and get in some practice.

man...I SUCKED. 200 rounds, couldn't hit dead center COM, everything was right/low. It was nothing more than "rust" from lack of practice. When I slowed down, everything was solid COM.
    Now I just popped the 2nd blister on the web of my hand.

Stay in practice people, there is no substitute for range time
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    This is truth. With the skyrocketing ammo prices, I haven't been practicing as often either, and noticed my accuracy is suffering a little.

Lately though, I found out one of my buddies works at the ISMT (military indoor range that uses real guns but shoots air for recoil and points a laser at a screen for shot tracking. I've been shooting a few thousand rounds per week on that, and my accuracy is back. Nothin beats free practice! I want one at home!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    This is truth. With the skyrocketing ammo prices, I haven't been practicing as often either, and noticed my accuracy is suffering a little.

Lately though, I found out one of my buddies works at the ISMT (military indoor range that uses real guns but shoots air for recoil and points a laser at a screen for shot tracking. I've been shooting a few thousand rounds per week on that, and my accuracy is back. Nothin beats free practice! I want one at home!
    Not that is the way to 'fly'......and the price is right.

Stay armed...get training and practice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

nice C9H13N03...way to rub it in jerk :-) j/k

I've been invited by a buddy of mine to do that, only problem is he works the midnight shift...I'm in bed by 10.
    I got to play in a mobile version of that when the NRA Univ was in town. I could have stayed in there all day
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    The best part is it's completely safe. I in no way advocate this, but it's really fun to have a drunk shooting competition on the ISMT. I can still shoot expert while drunk, but it's not near as high as I would be sober.

We are trying to find out a way to get Time Crisis loaded in there so we can play that with real guns.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Links