Got tazered today! - Page 2

Got tazered today!

This is a discussion on Got tazered today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I say talk to his superior and let that guy make the call. If you file a formal report he'll get in serious trouble for ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Got tazered today!

I say talk to his superior and let that guy make the call. If you file a formal report he'll get in serious trouble for sure. If you talk to bossman you might get a sense for whether the guy made an honest mistake or if he's a long term screwup. It may be that they need a reason to dump the guy -- or it could be he's a good guy that made a bonehead move.

Edit: unless they give you a really good reason NOT to file a formal report, you should. I'm just saying -- give them a chance to explain first, if explaining needs to happen.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Definitely report him! It's ridiculous to Tazer innocent people. And I would consider suing.

Administrator
    Nobody else saw this? What happened to all the FIDS? Where did the barbs strike you? How far was the spread? How far was he from you? Did you fall?

Wow, yes, you need to say something to your boss, and let it go up the chain from there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Nobody else saw this? What happened to all the FIDS? Where did the barbs strike you? How far was the spread? How far was he from you? Did you fall?

Wow, yes, you need to say something to your boss, and let it go up the chain from there.
    Sixto,2 witnesses 1 my helper,1 another cop He said I had better keep quiet.Dont know what FIDS is Hit in my ample beergut.2ish inches apart.Less than 5 ft.No I stayed on my feet.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    Yea,talk to your boss aout it and then walk away from it...Help this kid learn,he has got a long row to hoe anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    ... he pulled it out to show me and BLAM[M]O tags me!
    Oops. Had that been a firearm, imagine what could have occurred.

Four rules: loaded, muzzle, finger, target. Applies equally well to a Taser.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The cop knows that he should have reported it to his boss ASAP. You should report it and if the cop didn't then he deserves whatever discipline results from his actions.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

report him and the other cop that said you had better keep quiet .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

I think he should be reported. Even if it was an accident if his superiors do not know about it how can he receive the training he needs to correct it or be filtered out if he cannot be corrected.
    Last edited by chains1240; July 11th, 2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Sixto,2 witnesses 1 my helper,1 another cop He said I had better keep quiet.Dont know what FIDS is Hit in my ample beergut.2ish inches apart.Less than 5 ft.No I stayed on my feet.
    "He said I had better keep quiet"

That changes things, definitely report him and his ridiculous friend to his supervisor and your attorney.

Administrator
    AFIDS or "FIDS" are the ID tags that look like tiny peices of paper that are strewn all over the immediate area when a Taser cartridge is discharged. You need to collect some of those.

You need to report this. I'm an LEO myself, and I hate to say it, but it needs to be reported.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I was willing to go with talk to his superiors about it before filing a report. But after hearing the comment his partner made about "keeping quiet" report him, DEFINITELY report his partner.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Is there any danger that the tazer can ignite fumes from the pumps?? That alone could have been a disaster.

I would like to know how the cop is going to cover it up. I'm no expert on tazers but I was under the impression that the barbs, wire, etc. are housed in replaceable cartridges. Once fired you had to replace the cartridge in order to use it again. Aren't these cartridges controlled and issued, someone should notice that one has been used.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Ask yourself, "What would he have done had the situation been reversed?" Then act accordingly. I say report him. He was lucky it wasn't a citizen he didn't know. The boy is dangerous.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links