Got tazered today!

This is a discussion on Got tazered today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Based on what his partner stated, I would not go to the superior. What if the superior is the same way, you can dig yourself ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Got tazered today!

Based on what his partner stated, I would not go to the superior. What if the superior is the same way, you can dig yourself into a bigger problem.

Don't let it go more than a day. I would suggest reporting it.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

I'm glad he was not showing you his 45

Quote Originally Posted by gtifreak04 View Post
    Is there any danger that the tazer can ignite fumes from the pumps?? That alone could have been a disaster.
    my first thought, too. What if it had been gasoline instead of diesel? you'd both be in a burn clinic

as for reporting ... what happens if there is a video somewhere (for prevention of stolen fuel) which shows the incident, and your boss wants to know why he learned about it from someone else who saw the vid? Not a question I'd like to answer. Tell your own boss, let him/her decide whether or not to escalate.

Don't them things have a cumputer chip in them that tells when & how long you BLAST EM??
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Report them both. If the superior officer makes you confident that BOTH the ND and the threat that 'you better keep quiet' will result in written apologies to you, let it end there. But get it in writing, or it doesn't count.

If the superior officer gives you any guff at all, get up, walk out of his office, and proceed directly to a lawyer's office and proceed with legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    AFIDS or "FIDS" are the ID tags that look like tiny peices of paper that are strewn all over the immediate area when a Taser cartridge is discharged. You need to collect some of those.

You need to report this. I'm an LEO myself, and I hate to say it, but it needs to be reported.
    Done! reported both this AM.The rookie got decertified for tazer carry,I guess thats like a "frowny face on your permanent record"The training officer who threatened me got 2 days off with pay!The shift Commander said after watchin video logs "Didnt look like it hurt too bad,forget it and move on."My lawyer says different and tells SC stand by to be boarded.
    I just dont want to get pulled over/searched/roughed up everytime I start my truck!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

From this moment keep a journal/camera/recorder etc. with you at all times to document any occurrences that take place, if any. You probably won't have any trouble though, besides that officer probably knows better than to mess with a man that is tazer proof...I would.

Tell us the city. His LT needs to know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Done! reported both this AM.The rookie got decertified for tazer carry,I guess thats like a "frowny face on your permanent record"The training officer who threatened me got 2 days off with pay!The shift Commander said after watchin video logs "Didnt look like it hurt too bad,forget it and move on."My lawyer says different and tells SC stand by to be boarded.
    I just dont want to get pulled over/searched/roughed up everytime I start my truck!
    Isn't it a serious crime for a police officer to use his position to threaten someone. Better nip this in the bud before the coverup gets them all fired.

Michael

VIP Member
    You would think that the LEO would have to account for the cartridge.........

I wouldn't think they just let you shoot them off anytime you want .....He'd have to replace it with a new one, so wouldn't he have to say what happened to the one he 'used'?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    AFIDS or "FIDS" are the ID tags that look like tiny peices of paper that are strewn all over the immediate area when a Taser cartridge is discharged. You need to collect some of those..
    I thought there micro dots. That you need a magnifying to see the numbers on he micro dots. There is a company that sees mirco dots to be placed on diffrent parts on a vehicle to ID to Leo.

Good for you. It's very much possible to support the police as an institution and still stand up against misbehavior by individual police officers. I'm actually more upset by the training officer threatening you than the original incident. Accidents happen, but threats are serious. That represents a serious abuse of authority. You should definitely go after it if your lawyer thinks there's a case.

As other posters have said, install some sort of video surveillance in your car, and consider carrying a form of audio surveillance as well, in case you get harassed. The police are generally excellent, but it sounds like this group may be trouble.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    IronMike -- It is your duty to follow up on this situation. I don't think either one of these clowns is cop material. Decertification and paid vacation is not adequate punishment. They both need to be PERMANENTLY FIRED. Please make sure it happens.

Is this a scene from the movie Super Troopers or Reno 911or something? This moron didn't 'accidentally' taze you -- he unholstered, pointed it at you, and then pulled the trigger until you were shocked. Then his partner in crime proceeded to threaten you. Furthermore, the Shift Commander is attempting to aid his buddies in their Shenanigans. This whole police department obviously has a serious lack of integrity. What kind of department accepts this kind of performance and attempts to sweep it under the rug and cover it up?

The people of your town deserve better than what amounts to The Three Stooges Police Department. Police Officer is a job that demands a very high standard of performance and integrity. You have by sheer (bad) luck identified three officers who are not deserving of the the trust they have been given by the citizens.

Please follow through with whatever it takes to make sure they are not simply rewarded with a frowny face and a paid vacation. These jokers need a new career flipping burgers or hauling garbage.

VIP Member
    Speaking of flipping burgers, a similar thing happened in February in a metro Atlanta Waffle House. Big news. You shouldn't take it lying down (no pun intended).
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Is this a scene from the movie [...]?
    Well, well, now maybe it is. Ya see, Barney didn't mean nuthin'' by showin' off his new tool over at Goober's fillin station. An', an' ... you gotta admit it's a might safer than that revolver. Why ... what would Opey think if Aunt Bea had to teach Andy and Barney to cook burgers? Nah, you wouldn't really want that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links