Got tazered today! - Page 5

Got tazered today!

This is a discussion on Got tazered today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by United93 If we disarmed everyone who ever negligently placed their finger on the trigger, methinks we would end up disarming you as ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    If we disarmed everyone who ever negligently placed their finger on the trigger, methinks we would end up disarming you as well as everyone else.

As for the cop in question, I think he should be reported.
    Negligently placing a finger on a trigger might happen to a lot of people but I'm guessing ND's aren't that frequent for the posters of this forum, especially twice. He discharged..

Would you have said the same thing if the story was "and he showed me his nice new gun. After shooting me in the gut, he asked that he not be reported and it was the second time he shot someone".
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Very interesting topic, keep us updated on how it turns out.
    M&P 9 and 9c
    Ruger LCP
    Remington 810 20 gauge

I dont know whether to laugh or be angry.. LOL imagine watching this whole thing take place..

In all honesty I would report him but insist that he doesnt lose his job over it..
    Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows.
    - David T. Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I would seriously have had to resisted the urge to take it away from him and personally deliver it to the Chief.
    ...or his colon.

In all seriousness though. I wouldn't be as concerned with the rookie that ND as much as the FTO. The ND is a training issue. The FTO is a brain issue.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    He violated policy, tasered a law abiding citizen, and tried to get you to keep quiet. Report him, because even though a taser is less that lethal it can still kill. As someone who's been accidentally tased myself I would be reporting him at once. Add in the fact he has done this before, its a recipe for disaster. I guess us welders just arent as effected by a little shock as most people. Then again 3phase 40amps at 300 volts hurts like heck.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I reported the "Dynamic Duo" last saturday and have been stopped/frisked/trucksearched. Monday once tuesday twice and today on the way home,for this reason ive stopped carrying my pistol for awhile.The camera is getting some good evidence.Each time the stops are by a different LEO on 2 occasions the K9 was run thru my truck.My lawyer says just keep letting this happen,I think it time for new legal help!I still will never bash LEOs and im not after ANY money but these searches must end.
    Sixto PMed ya.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I reported the "Dynamic Duo" last saturday and have been stopped/frisked/trucksearched. Monday once tuesday twice and today on the way home
    Oh boy - they are setting themselves up big time. Looks like you'll have a nice early retirement coming. Keep your wits bout you and smile all the way to the bank...
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I reported the "Dynamic Duo" last saturday and have been stopped/frisked/trucksearched. Monday once tuesday twice and today on the way home,for this reason ive stopped carrying my pistol for awhile.The camera is getting some good evidence.Each time the stops are by a different LEO on 2 occasions the K9 was run thru my truck.My lawyer says just keep letting this happen,I think it time for new legal help!I still will never bash LEOs and im not after ANY money but these searches must end.
    Sixto PMed ya.
    I'm not one for frivolous law suits, but this is absurd. They have singled you out and are punishing you for doing the right thing. That whole department should be fired and you should get a substantial amount of money for having your rights violated.
    M&P 9 and 9c
    Ruger LCP
    Remington 810 20 gauge

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Hey IronMike, wanna let us 'locals' in on which town we should avoid?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I reported the "Dynamic Duo" last saturday and have been stopped/frisked/trucksearched. Monday once tuesday twice and today on the way home,for this reason ive stopped carrying my pistol for awhile.The camera is getting some good evidence.Each time the stops are by a different LEO on 2 occasions the K9 was run thru my truck. My lawyer says just keep letting this happen,I think it time for new legal help!I still will never bash LEOs and im not after ANY money but these searches must end.
    Sixto PMed ya.
    Hmm. So you were stopped once on Monday, twice on Tuesday and again on Wednesday makes FOUR STOPS TOTAL since you made your report? How long before some kind of 'evidence' is planted in your truck?

What is their explanation for stopping you and why are you consenting to being searched? You are being stopped while driving a city owned vehicle? Can you park the truck and drive something else?

Administrator
    I'll respond in the A.M.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto PMed ya.
    Scary. Really foolish to keep pulling you over. Just builds a case. Still, sorry this is happening to you. Terrible.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Sounds like this department is looking to create some new openings for new recruits.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Keep filming and listen to your Lawyer. What is happening is incredible, this type of stuff banana republic behavior by the police dept, sounds like some third world nightmare. Don't let them get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Hmm. So you were stopped once on Monday, twice on Tuesday and again on Wednesday makes FOUR STOPS TOTAL since you made your report? How long before some kind of 'evidence' is planted in your truck?

What is their explanation for stopping you and why are you consenting to being searched? You are being stopped while driving a city owned vehicle? Can you park the truck and drive something else?
    I think the dash cam in my truck will catch any plant-o-evidence tricks.The main reason for the pullovers is suspicious activity/similar vehical...Dodge 3500 dualy,yep dead common round here.cops said they dont need my premission to search because of "probable cause" I know better.

Going to see a Circuit Judge today with videos to see if we can get an injuction to stop the haressment.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Links