Got tazered today!

This is a discussion on Got tazered today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by IronMike PROTECT HIS BROTHER If you or I did that, it'd be called "OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE" and "WITNESS INTIMIDATION". I haven't got ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Got tazered today!

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    PROTECT HIS BROTHER
    If you or I did that, it'd be called "OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE" and "WITNESS INTIMIDATION".

I haven't got any more sympathy for cops who act this way than for gang members. At least the gangsters who do these things don't hold themselves out to be anything more than the criminals they are.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    The rest of the cops were doing what thier sargent asked,"watch that guy hes up to something"
    No more no less.

If at the time of the ND they had said"sorry buddy,are you ok"all would have been forgotten then and there,but when they tried to threaten me ...yall know the rest.
    Either your perspective in the first person is not being well communicated, or you are now excusing their behavior for some unknown reason.

"Watch that guy" mentality and behavior is inexcusable if it extends from LEO misconduct. No more no less.

All those traffic stops and searches were intimidation. That is more than watching, and it is (was) an ongoing threat of future use/escalation.

I would like to think I could have shrugged off getting shocked, but a certain small percentage of Taser strikes end up in the morgue. I consider them less-lethal, not non-lethal, and the LEO has to accept the responsibility for it's misuse.

Would you have been so forgiving if he had discharged his weapon but only inflicted a superficial flesh wound?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Either your perspective in the first person is not being well communicated, or you are now excusing their behavior for some unknown reason.

"Watch that guy" mentality and behavior is inexcusable if it extends from LEO misconduct. No more no less.

All those traffic stops and searches were intimidation. That is more than watching, and it is (was) an ongoing threat of future use/escalation.

I would like to think I could have shrugged off getting shocked, but a certain small percentage of Taser strikes end up in the morgue. I consider them less-lethal, not non-lethal, and the LEO has to accept the responsibility for it's misuse.

Would you have been so forgiving if he had discharged his weapon but only inflicted a superficial flesh wound?
    I've got to agree, the stops that followed were individual acts in and of themselves. Each need to be treated as intimidation and a civil if not criminal injustice. Those acts do not equate to just looking out for their own, they are paid to look out for YOU.

They may be giving you free range time and discount ammo but that is a token (don't sue us) chump offering. For your sake and the safety of anyone passing through their jurisdiction do not let it just (go away).

Ultimately it is your decision but so far you've just hit the tip of the iceberg.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    IronMike -- If it's 'over' to you, I guess it's pretty much over.

To continue with the thread... I have been thinking about this story from time to time since it has been told and now I am wondering about something:

From what IronMike has said, four officers stopped him and searched his vehicle without his consent. He said that "The main reason for the pullovers is suspicious activity/similar vehical." The officers then told him "they dont need [his] premission to search because of "probable cause" -- since when does driving a similar vehicle to one allegedly engaging in suspicious activity give legal authority to search a vehicle without consent?

I can't imagine being stopped and told:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geshtapo
    "Sir, we stopped you because it has been reported that a pickup truck similar to yours has been recently reported to have been driving slowly through a parking lot and honking the horn at senior citizens. We also have reports of loud disco music and possible cigarette smoke. Sit down in the back seat of our patrol car while we search your vehicle."
    So, if this 'suspicious vehicle' thing actually gives an officer authority to search a vehicle, then we can assume that either the 2 former officers falsely reported the suspicious vehicle and the 4 searching officers may have been properly doing their job, or that the 4 searching officers searched on their own initiative. Is it a crime for an officer to make a false report? How would this report have been made? On paper or over the radio from the Shift Commander or dispatcher?

If, on the other hand, driving a similar vehicle to one reported as suspicious does not give grounds for a search without consent then we have 4 officers stopping a man and searching his vehicle without his consent or proper legal authority. Is it a crime for an officer to search a vehicle without legal authority? Four times in a row?

VIP Member
    just getting around to catching up on some threads here since vacation......this abhors me
    as a LEO it makes me very angry to hear about this kind of crap

good for the Judge doing what he did, and the chief as well
    the officer that had the ND should have taken his lumps, retraining, etc
    the FTO is a disgrace for wanting to cover it up and telling you you be better keep quiet

my question in this whole thing......did the judge investigate what the Probable Cause was for the officers pulling you over and searching your vehicle? Was this question posed to the Chief? has anyone at the PD said anything about these officers and any possible disciplinary action? You talk about getting in a lot of trouble....if they made illegal searches....geez.

and to answer some people's questions.....the taser cartridges are not cheap and must get issued out to officers and they are tracked
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

He should be reported. Thank god he didn't want to show you his duty weapon.
    Gun control is two hands on a 500 Smith/Wesson

just curious.....what made you question his Heritage? i just find that kinda pointless in this situation.
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerReady View Post
    just curious.....what made you question his Heritage? i just find that kinda pointless in this situation.
    uhhh....I'm pretty sure the OP was being humorous about what he said in reply to the guy with the taser
    such as: did your parents have any children that lived?
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    uhhh....I'm pretty sure the OP was being humorous about what he said in reply to the guy with the taser
    such as: did your parents have any children that lived?
    yep!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Big C View Post
    He should be reported. Thank god he didn't want to show you his duty weapon.
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking too.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

IronMike,

You are a good man for not making this about the money, however, I am willing to bet that this issue is not done for you. There are still some bad apples out there who wronged you and as the old saying goes "Vengeance is a dish best served cold".

Watch your back ... and for a long time.

Good luck and stay safe.

Thumbs down

Yeah, report him and the fool that said you better be quiet,( or else what?)
    I think definitely get an attorney now cause the city should have to
    take responsibility for those two boneheads.

Imagine if you were showing off your tazer to the cop, and oops,
    it went off and hit him. (my bad)
    Either you'd be shot dead by his partner or you would lose your job and end up in the slammer for assaulting a police officer.

edit* I just read all posts and see you did get a lawyer and that things got taken care of,cool.
    I think there should be some kind of compensation for all the hassle.

So now since you work for the city, don't you think the city will come up with some excuse down the road to fire you
    because someone at city hall/police station said "we'll get him later at his job"

Should get a "get out of jail card" while you're at it.
    Last edited by SYKO; September 3rd, 2009 at 01:26 AM.
    I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by SYKO View Post
    Yeah, report him and the fool that said you better be quiet,( or else what?)
    I think definitely get an attorney now cause the city should have to
    take responsibility for those two boneheads.

Imagine if you were showing off your tazer to the cop, and oops,
    it went off and hit him. (my bad)
    Either you'd be shot dead by his partner or you would lose your job and end up in the slammer for assaulting a police officer.
    Umm you should probably read all the posts....you missed a lot.
    Sig Sauer P229 9mm
    Sig Sauer P238 .380
    Colt XSE 1911 .45

yeah lol, it was just too absurd I had to jump in with a comment then go back later to read all the posts.
    I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

those tasers leave tiny ID tags with each individual
    round that hits someone. How is the LEO gonna replace the round/tags
    without the department knowing? dont know if PD keeps records
    of these tags or not but curious how that would play out.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links