Turn in your Neighbor for $1000

This is a discussion on Turn in your Neighbor for $1000 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There was not one positive comment in the you tube comments block. I will turn in someone with an illegal gun after they are ready ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn in your Neighbor for $1000

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    There was not one positive comment in the you tube comments block.

I will turn in someone with an illegal gun after they are ready for the coroner to take the 45 hollow points out of em when im done disarming that illegal gun off of em'
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Heck, I'LL GIVE my neighbors a $1000 if they'll take their lilly-livered, anti-gun, New World Order politics...and move to FRANCE!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    How is this a bad thing? As gun owners we're always screaming for congress to enforce laws already on the books rather than create new ones. It seems the police are doing just that and we're still upset.

They will give a reward even if there is no conviction. How are laws being inforced if they don't convict? Are they just taking property and not prosecuting? If so the tool is put in jail but the criminal is left free to prey on us? Are they taking the gun because the person has no reciept for it?

Michael

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    My only problem is that the reward is given even if there's no conviction.
    I do agree that this is a problem. You don't get the reward for reporting a regular Crime Stoppers tip unless it leads to a conviction. It would make more since to bring the rules of this program more in line with other tip programs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    I'm thinking back, by history class as I am not that old, to the McCarthyism and the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
    What does owning illegal firearms have to do with the House Committee on Un-American activities?

This program doesn't offer you $1000 to turn in your neighbors that are part of a particular political party. It is designed to give people an incentive to turn in people who commit firearms violations. These types of rewards also exist for people that turn in child abductors and drug pushers but people usually don't have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    What does owning illegal firearms have to do with the House Committee on Un-American activities?
    Nothing. Its the turning your neighbors in for a grand that reminds me o fit. I know the program is designed to get illegal guns, I get that. My concern is for the greedy and vindictive percentage that would call foul to settle a score or cause trouble for a regular ol' gun owner.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

I'd like to know something:
    What denomination of bills equals a $1000 and only has five bills?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Nothing. Its the turning your neighbors in for a grand that reminds me o fit. I know the program is designed to get illegal guns, I get that. My concern is for the greedy and vindictive percentage that would call foul to settle a score or cause trouble for a regular ol' gun owner.
    In my opinion it's a non-issue. An angry neighbor could already accuse someone of being a drug dealer or kiddie fiddler and in most cases be eligible for some sort of reward as well. As I said earlier, my only problem with this program is that it seems tipsters get the money regardless of whether or not the tip results in a conviction. Though I can only assume that if you're caught giving false information on police reports you might find yourself in a heap of trouble. Because of this, I doubt many neighbors are going to be using this program as a tool of revenge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links