Question about the Bug out bag.

This is a discussion on Question about the Bug out bag. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The recent threads have got me wondering. I am wanting to put together a BOB, but I am unsure what to put in it. Is ...

Thread: Question about the Bug out bag.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar

Question about the Bug out bag.

The recent threads have got me wondering. I am wanting to put together a BOB, but I am unsure what to put in it. Is the bob, supposed to be a bag that you take when a disaster strikes, that you can surivive on for a while, or is it a bag that you take with the idea that everything else you own will be gone when you return, or is supposed to be self defense items used to save lives if you are victim of a home invasion.

Some lists I have seen are survival bags that will help you to survive, ie a tornado takes out your house, some lists are flashlights, knifes, ammo and magazines, and a BUG and ammo. The maxpedition bag posted this morning would not hold enough food and water to survive. I am confused, any help is greatly appreciated.
    Curry

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Ben - I haven't got the thread link to hand - but, remember that thread Euc did when he had to get out of his apartment real quick?

He mentioned what he had in his bag and IIRC it sparked some discussion on same from others. If I can find the link I'll come back to add it.

I view the Bugout bag as basically having the immediate essentials - for a short term measure - what these comprise may vary person to person - plus size of bag!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He we go Ben --

I have just bugged out
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links