Brit Suffers From Legumeophobia Fear Of Peas.

This is a discussion on Brit Suffers From Legumeophobia Fear Of Peas. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pea-phobic woman to appear on TV Posted Mar 21st 2006 5:05PM by Andrew Barrow Filed under: British Isles, Science, Vegetables, Television, Food Oddities Tiz true. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Pea-phobic woman to appear on TV
    Posted Mar 21st 2006 5:05PM by Andrew Barrow
    Filed under: British Isles, Science, Vegetables, Television, Food Oddities
    Tiz true. That humble little green vegetable, the defenseless legume holds little fear for most (unless it's mushy peas, which is little more than the devil's snot) but there is a woman in England who has a phobia. A pea phobia.
    Louise Arnold, 35, of Bishops Cleeve, near Cheltenham in the UK is so terrified of the small green ones that seeing them on a plate has made her run from restaurants, and she cannot go near the frozen food aisle when out shopping. She claims to go green just at the sight of them.
    Hypnotherapy and acupuncture will be her fate when she appears on TV as part of her attempts to cure her fear of peas. The ITV show Scared To Death - Phobia Britain will be shown in the summer and will include a man who is scared of cobwebs and a woman petrified of canoes. Stop laughing at the back there!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Louise Arnold, 35, of Bishops Cleeve, near Cheltenham in the UK is so terrified of the small green ones that seeing them on a plate has made her run from restaurants, and she cannot go near the frozen food aisle when out shopping.
    The world sure is full of interesting people, isn't it?
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Louise Arnold, 35, of Bishops Cleeve, near Cheltenham in the UK
    Thats all that needs to be said - Blame it on GCHQ!!!
    Live Free or Die

Administrator

Talking Read What Other AOL Members Had To Say

Actual Posts: I edited a few out.
    The one in BOLD TYPE Gets My Vote As The Best Comment.

1. I remember my mom knew a lady who used ot always say that peas were going to take over the world. I wonder if this is the same lady?

2. The lady is just trying to get attention. Unfortunately there are people who are bored and find odd things interesting. They are the ones who believe everything they read or see on Video. A case of Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

3. Maybe she fell in a vat of peas and drowned in a past life...it could happen!!!

4. My son does not like peas either, he used to say that they made his eyes sweat. He is 19 now and still will not eat them, which is strange as both is father and I like them. My feeling is that some people are very sensitive to a food and perhaps this woman is also. The Phobia dates back to a time that she does not remember and she just did not like them.

5. She must have seen "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"!! LOL

7. I find it kind of hard to believe someone could be terrified of green peas,but if the lady says she's afraid of them,I take her word for it. After all, there are all kinds of phobias. I guess for her it is a major deal,just as a fear of going under water is for me.

9. I am petrified of jello. I can't even sit at the same table as someone eating jello, not even if I don't look at it or if they are on the far side of the table from me. It's just the concept that it is there.

10. Come on Louise - All We Are Saying Is Give Peas A Chance!

11. When I was a kid, I stuffed peas up my nose, and started choking. Maybe something similar happened to that poor woman. I'm over it, pass the peas please!

12. I totally agree. They are disgusting little green BBs. I've never liked them! No phobias that I'm aware of; just do not like the taste or consistency. Green Peas are like cats: What purpose do they serve? They are like China Berries that grew on a China Berry tree when I was a small child. YUCK

13. I totally agree. They are disgusting little green BBs. I've never liked them! No phobias that I'm aware of; just do not like the taste or consistency. Green Peas are like cats: What purpose do they serve? They are like China Berries that grew on a China Berry tree when I was a small child. YUCK

14. I will not eat beans of any kind, we had to eat them as kids, I have not or will not eat a bean of any kind ever.....I am now 58 and have not eaten a bean sense I left home.

15. Well, my husband will not eat peas,I don't know , but this humble vegetable seems to be high on the list of "YUCK, I HATE" , but must admit never met someone who was afraid of them. I guess we all have our phobias. This one just seems a bit bizzare.

16. I feel for her...during 1964 and 1965 I attended a Catholic school and my first grade teacher, and a very sick teacher, Ms. Watson would sat with me at lunch and she tried to make me eat the 1/2 of cup of peas put on my lunch tray. Little did she know I would place them in my mouth and pretend to take a sip of milk, actually I was spitting those disgusting little green peas on the milk carton. Now that I am 46 I actually don't mind peas- with a sauce and I love split pea soup. There is hope for this women to overcome the site and taste of the innocent pea.

17. Gee Louise, This sounds wierd but it's serious, I wish her luck in getting help

18. My mother made my little brother eat peas against his will about 30 years ago, he threw up all over our dinner table!! Needless to say I don't make my kids eat them and I have never touched one since, scared of them no, digusted yes!!! poor lady, it must come from some sort of incident like this she can't remember!!!!!

20. My daughter absolutely will NOT eat anything green. Convinced that green is for boys, she's 3. If I even attempted to give them to her I would hear about it.
    Some people just like what they like and there's no changing it. Sometimes it's funny though...she won't even eat green M&M's, or fruit loops...gotta pick out the green ones from her bowl. Makes me laugh.
    Back to peas...I don't eat them either so I can't say too much.

VIP Member
    3. Maybe she fell in a vat of peas and drowned in a past life...it could happen!!!
    I won't repeat my above post, but the sentiment stands...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    It's the color green - associated with aliens - gotta be it

All she needs is apeesment!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Pray for "Whirled Peas".....

Assistant Administrator
    Pray for "Whirled Peas".....
    Now, that's good

Or ''Peas in our time''!!

Maybe too - ''give her a peas of your mind"

Oh dear - better stop
    Chris - P95

''give her a peas of your mind"

VIP Member
    Don't let the Brit politicians find out about this woman's fear of peas....they might get banned!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

OK everyone, peas stop with the jokes or I'm gonna give you a black eye. What are you, vegetables?

Assistant Administrator
    What are you, vegetables?
    Well - I am sometimes a bit of a couch potato - some say at my age I am a has bean - I have yet to meet Cubbi Broccoli, and long for the day when I yam sensible!

Gotta dash James - gotta go take a leak
    Chris - P95

Administrator

Cool

I'm afraid of potato's Chris. Ever since spelling "POTATO" ruined Dan Quail's life.

Peas peas STOP or I'll logoff and go stew on this silly thread!

VIP Member
    Maybe she needs to try a different vegetable to a-peas her. Some other veggy could be the apple of her eye. Maybe I'm just egging us on and should stop before I get kicked off from these horrible near puns.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links