Hypocritical people who want things their way

This is a discussion on Hypocritical people who want things their way within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last night, while at work it was pretty slow and quite, so one of the coworkers turned the DVD A Few Good Men on. The ...

Thread: Hypocritical people who want things their way

Hypocritical people who want things their way

Last night, while at work it was pretty slow and quite, so one of the coworkers turned the DVD A Few Good Men on. The one that put it in is the one that claims he can not handle any foul language, but can sit and watch something chock full of foul language. The same also seems to have an issue with folks with guns, just because when he was younger and didn't know any better, blew a hole in his ceiling with a shotgun and then got rid of it. It amazes me how so many can sit and throw stones about things, but turn around and say, well, it's only a movie, and I can block my eyes and ears. I guess some just want it exactly their way or no way at all. Another had also made a statement that we all have different morals. I am not sure what that means. But looking at the state of affairs in most cities with crime, I guess I can see how our "different" morals are working.

Also, my sister was over at the house Saturday afternoon while I was getting ready before heading out to go to work and noticed the IWB holster and XD and rolled her eyes and calls me crazy, asking for trouble. This comes from the same one that was held up a couple times while she was working, and couldn't do much except comply. I can see why she does not need a CCW, she has the Irish temper and it shows quickly.

All I can say is that I am glad and proud of the folks that put this site together for all of us to use and share and to at least let each other know that we are not the crazy ones, but at least looking out for OUR own good and well being. This is a good place to call HOME.

Thanks to the moderators and backbone of DC
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Yeah, well, no one ever said people were super consistent. :) Keep a level head and use opportunities when you get them to educate.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

The best thing to do that works for me is to confront their hypocrisy and stupidity directly, usually in public; that way, when they make stupid baseless statements, everybody will hear it and their will be little doubt as to the quality of the grey matter between the ears....

To the co-worker I would say: Only someone like you would be stupid enough to pick up a loaded weapon without checking it, and blow a hole in your ceiling; we can see this lack of intelligence in the way you perform here at work....

To your sister I would say: I am not looking for trouble, just prepared adequately for when it crosses my path.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I don't have a problem with people that blow a hole in their cieling and then decide they don't want to have guns around. My problem is with the ones that believe that if they shouln't have one then no one else should either.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Schucks I thought it was a political thread talking about congress.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

The one that made the statement has come up with other things that he has decided he does not like or want to participate in, so then its it a waste of time and no one should be allowed. As far as my sister, I just look at here kinda like a dog does to the owner with the head tilted and stare to figure out some of the logic. She seems to have just taken the current sense of things and accepts them. That's why there are sheeples and sheep hearders.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Don't do what I do,do what I tell you,I tend to steer away from hypoctrites,they cannot be trusted IMHO,they will tell you your their best friend and trash talk you behind your back.They seem to have double standards and control issues
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links