As if I didn't already have a man-crush on this guy...

This is a discussion on As if I didn't already have a man-crush on this guy... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Buzz Aldrin, second man on the moon, dealing with an aggressive "moon landing was faked" conspiracy theorist... Click here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As if I didn't already have a man-crush on this guy...

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

As if I didn't already have a man-crush on this guy...

Buzz Aldrin, second man on the moon, dealing with an aggressive "moon landing was faked" conspiracy theorist...

Click here

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    He's still got a good right cross. That was great.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Nice punch, that left a mark!

Aldrin gave him a little Buzz, he had it coming.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

How cool was that?!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    *dreamy sigh*

Very cool indeed. Buzz Aldrin. +100 cool points and then some :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

njr
    That's one way to try to knock some sense into rude conspiracy nuts...he's the Bob Barker of astronauts...
    By the forests, behind the guns/In the streets and in the houses/Between the tanks, by the roadside/At the hands of the men, of the women, of the children/In the cold, in the dark, in hunger....

Bertolt Brecht, "To The German Soldiers In The East", stanza 9.

Now he needs to do what Caroll O'Conner did and go on TV call the guy names and ask to be sued for slander.

I heard this clown tried to take Buzz to court, and the judge gave him the heave-ho...

I love it when a judge has a moment of clarity and tells some jackass he had it coming...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Oooops... wasn't a judge...

Lunar lunacy

By COLETTE BANCROFT, Times Staff Writer
    St. Petersburg Times
    published September 29, 2002

It was one small punch for a man, but it made the news.

On Sept. 9, former astronaut Buzz Aldrin, 72, one of the two men who made the first landing on the moon in 1969, landed a fist on the jaw of filmmaker Bart Sibrel, 37.

Aldrin had gone to a hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., for what he had thought was an interview with a Japanese TV show. Instead, he was confronted by Sibrel, who operates a video production company in Nashville and has made a career out of perpetuating the notion that NASA's Apollo moon missions were hoaxes.

As he's done before to several Apollo astronauts, Sibrel tried to get Aldrin to swear on a Bible that he had really been on the moon.

Aldrin's lawyer, Robert O'Brien, said the next day that the 6-foot-2, 250-pound Sibrel forced Aldrin up against a wall and refused to let him leave, so Aldrin launched the punch in self-defense. (On Sept. 21, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office announced it would not file charges against Aldrin, saying that he had been provoked into hitting Sibrel.)

Sibrel told reporters he had confronted Aldrin twice before but didn't expect to get clocked this time.

"I was very surprised that he hit me. I thought it was very foolish of him to do it in front of two video cameras," Sibrel said. "He has a good punch. It was quick, too. I didn't see it coming."

About those video cameras: Sibrel's stock in trade is A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon, a "documentary" sold in VHS and DVD on his Web site (Moon Hoax DVDs, Videos And Information, Historic Apollo 11 Footage). The movie expounds on the theory that the moon landings weren't moon landings at all but special-effects movies shot in terrestrial studios and broadcast to a duped world as the astronauts circled the earth in low orbit until time for splashdown.

When Sibrel ambushed Aldrin in Beverly Hills, he was shooting footage for his next film. That punch was likely the stuff of Sibrel's dreams.

Buzz cleaned his clock ! Good for him. That's what should happen when you talk to someone like the guy was talking to Buzz.

little known fact: Buzz celebrated the Lord's Supper on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    little known fact: Buzz celebrated the Lord's Supper on the moon.
    How did he get the crackers and wine in the suit?

Good for Buzz, what a way to exercise his right to "free speech"!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    How did he get the crackers and wine in the suit?

Good for Buzz, what a way to exercise his right to "free speech"!
    i don't know how, only that he did.

Wasn't Buzz Aldrin the one who was a Marine and had 3 Navy Crosses, or am I getting my history mixed up?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links