In court today

This is a discussion on In court today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today i was in court for a subpoena (a work thing with a local vagrant, another whole story...). I was sitting waiting for my case ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In court today

In court today

Today i was in court for a subpoena (a work thing with a local vagrant, another whole story...). I was sitting waiting for my case to be called up and watching all the idiots on parade when a young lady was called to the stand. She was asked to verify the photos of herself the night she called the cops on her partner for beating her. When she looked at the photos she told the lawyer that she had made a mistake and the bruises all over her were from an accident and her bf did nothing. The judge threw the case out right there and the girl stepped down from the stand and was told to hang out for a min. in about two seconds the bailiff slapped a pair of handcuffs on her for what i am assuming was filling a false police report. You should have seen the look on her face when they put the cuffs on her. She was crying and looking at him to stand up and be a man. he just sat there and looked at her with a grin on his face that i will never forget. Imagine sitting and letting a girl you just beat, get took to jail for you! it just plain made me sick. its late and i am kinda rambling on, or maybe venting a bit...sorry!

2. Remove Ads

She was crying and looking at him to stand up and be a man. he just sat there and looked at her with a grin on his face that i will never forget.
    I would expect nothing less of him. This is the normal pattern of behavior for this species. In fact, in his culture, doing what he did is the "right" thing to do.

In his culture it's all about domination and control. Compassion is viewed as weakness, and is despised. Women are for sex and to do things for you, like take the "rap", carry drugs, guns, knives and are to "protect" him and help take care of him.

Don't try to understand the criminal mind with what we consider a "normal" everyday mind. Better people than any of us have already tried, and have failed. The thing is, they will be viewed as a "normal" person, or "straight" if we have to take defensive action against them. It really is a "double edged sword" we wield.

The woman will be right back with him after she gets out. You can't break the cycle of stupidity, and it's getting worse. If she doesn't go back to him, she will find one just like him.

Biker

You just got a small glimpse into what it's like to be a cop,prosecutor ,or judge,there is nothing more aggravating than to have a witness get amnesia or suddenly can't be totally sure of an identification so a perp you know is guilty will walk out to do it again ,or you get a conviction and the guy gets time served and walks out to commit more crimes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    It might sound cold, but she got what she deserved.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

My bet is when she gets out she will be right back with him. To SOME people this is normal behavior. Its the only thing they know.

This sounds like the sort of domestic dispute that if a stranger tries to walk into to save the "lady" and be the "hero" will find themselves in deep "kim-chee". These sort of toxic relationships are best left to the fates. IMHO
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Good for her. At least the justice system worked once that day.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    It might sound cold, but she got what she deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    My bet is when she gets out she will be right back with him. To SOME people this is normal behavior. Its the only thing they know.
    +1

THIS is only one of many reasons we burn out so quickly as DV Victims' advocates. And why it will be years and years before I go back into it, IF I go back into it.

At least when you rescue a beaten dog, it doesn't try to lie for its abuser or go back to them.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

This is wht I hate bleeding heart crap. I don't understand why they even need the girl to ID herself. The photo's were taken by police following the incident, They have her name and vital statisic's the photo are likely time stamped. Why is there a question if they are authentic, or I'm I just a sheep idiot and don't know it.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I would expect nothing less of him. This is the normal pattern of behavior for this species. In fact, in his culture, doing what he did is the "right" thing to do.

In his culture it's all about domination and control. Compassion is viewed as weakness, and is despised. Women are for sex and to do things for you, like take the "rap", carry drugs, guns, knives and are to "protect" him and help take care of him.

Don't try to understand the criminal mind with what we consider a "normal" everyday mind. Better people than any of us have already tried, and have failed. The thing is, they will be viewed as a "normal" person, or "straight" if we have to take defensive action against them. It really is a "double edged sword" we wield.

The woman will be right back with him after she gets out. You can't break the cycle of stupidity, and it's getting worse. If she doesn't go back to him, she will find one just like him.

Biker
    Well put.

I learned this lesson the hard way when I was 17. I stopped a man from beating a woman, in the process he got hurt pretty badly. The Police show up and the woman completely changes the story to make me the bad guy. Luckily for me the police knew these people, it wasn't their first rodeo. I was my first and last time getting involved in any type of domestic deal . Unfortunately, there are sick men who like to hit women and sick women who enjoy the drama too. It doesn't make sense to us normal people. It will keep happening until he kills her, she ends up with someone else just like him, or she decides to change her life. There are lots of different types of Junkies in the world, some like drugs, some like alcohol, some like gambling , some like these types of relationships. What they have in common is the tendency to self destructiveness.

VIP Member
    Sadly it's not just women. When I was a kid my dad beat me up with a board pretty often (it was a heavy 1x4). He never broke any bones (with the board) so nobody really noticed . He beat me pretty bad once and left nasty bruises all over my hind end and down my legs. My gym teacher (8th grade?) saw the bruises on my legs when I was wearing gym shorts and reported it. During the investigation I lied my butt off to protect my dad.

Looking back I have no idea why I lied, but I did.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Don't get me started on this subject.....

I've dealt with extreme cases where we had to even put them in protective custody , and within 2 months... won't testify and go back to them. I've told a few, you know after this... this guy will end up beating you to death at some point if you go back to him. Their response, "but he really does loves me".

Sure enough, pick up the morning paper before going to work, there they were ... usually within a couple of months..... "Woman beat to death by Boyfriend". What a waste. And BF always went to prison for life on murder charges.

Don't try to figure it out..... it makes no sense.

She should have been arrested, maybe the time she spends in jail she will be safer.
    It happens more often than not that an abused woman backs out at the last moment fearing another beating. He probably threatened her if she went through with it her would harm or kill her.
    These scumbags do not deserve to walk amongst us.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

For anyone who watches the TV show COPS, this is an all too familiar scenario. "Please don't take him to jail....he hit me but I love him" Sad twist of human frailty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links