Another telling Facebook poll!!!

This is a discussion on Another telling Facebook poll!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And who wants government run healthcare? Results for "The Universal Healthcare Poll" Are you in favor of a Government run healthcare system? Yes 12,770 (18.9%) ...

And who wants government run healthcare?

Results for "The Universal Healthcare Poll"
    Are you in favor of a Government run healthcare system?

Yes 12,770 (18.9%)

No 52,832 (78.1%)

Maybe 2,053 (3.0%)

I think this sends a pretty clear message, don't you?
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Definitely. Obamacare will cost a fortune, and once you hit 60, forget about procedures like coronary bypass, angioplasty, kidney transplant, etc. We become expendable. And we lose the right to go to the doctor that we want.

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    And who wants government run healthcare?

Results for "The Universal Healthcare Poll"
    Are you in favor of a Government run healthcare system?

Yes 12,770 (18.9%)

No 52,832 (78.1%)

Maybe 2,053 (3.0%)

I think this sends a pretty clear message, don't you?
    Umm, no.

A. They don't care.
    B. They don't read our input.
    C. They have an agenda.
    D. All of the above.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Something tells me people are seeing thru his money will fix everything plan
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Umm, no.

A. They don't care.
    B. They don't read our input.
    C. They have an agenda.
    D. All of the above.
    A and C.

They do track what the opposition to their plans say, and adapt to circumvent.

I saw this back in '94 while fighting gun control.

They want us to have universal health care. to promote their agenda they are tossing out the mantra that it's for those who aren't insured. Those who are uninsured or those who work for low wage jobs without employer health coverage.

HOWEVER, the "plan" has an exemption for businesses which make less that $250K per year. IOW, those business that hire and employ low wage workers and who don't provide them with health coverage don't have to comply.

If you really look at what is happening it is NOT about "health care." Instead it is about a federal power grab at the expense of the people and the nation.

I'm wondering WHY McCain voted to cut funding for the F-22 Raptor while the national health care issue is being pursued? You know, the presidential candidate who was shot down because our aircraft weren't good enough to go "head to head" with the MIG's of the day? Apparently national health care is more important than having superior aircraft defending the country. (Instead they want that POS, the "joint strike fighter,"- an INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE designed aircraft - to do that.)

I'm wondering WHY Congress doesn't seem to be getting the message from the people that they DO NOT WANT "health care reform" that does nothing but increase taxes while not keeping health care costs down. Could it be that the Drug Mfg's and the doctor PAC's have the ear of Congress while the people that Congress are supposed to represent are being ignored? Could it be "the money" that is talking in DC?

Excuse me while I go buy some more tinfoil.

My local paper has an article about Senator Baucus, a Montana Senator, who happens to be the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, was just at an invitation only fund raiser dinner, where the attendees paid $10,000 each to attend. Of course there were many health company and drug company lobbyists in attendance. The money went to the Democratic Senatorial Committee. News Channel 13 - *
    News Channel 13 - *

He voted against H.R. 676 or the United States National Health Care Act, but I until now hadn't heard of this until today.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Links