The looters will have fun in Texas! - Page 2

The looters will have fun in Texas!

This is a discussion on The looters will have fun in Texas! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think it's up to me on what I do, and take the responsibility for my actions. I don't need 'momma Govt' telling me. Also, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The looters will have fun in Texas!

I think it's up to me on what I do, and take the responsibility for my actions. I don't need 'momma Govt' telling me. Also, we under the law we do have the right to protect our property.

The Govt will also let you know "when" you are allowed back in too.. Uh huh, no thanks.

Evacuate huh,where too,some overcrowded shelter that is in worse shape than my home,I can't take my dog or my guns ,sorry,I will stay here where I have food water,friends,guns and ammo,just cause theres no AC doesn't constitute a dire emergency,I live 70 miles inland from the storm and unlike New Orleans and Katrina I don't live in the bottom of a bowl
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Now the local sheriff and local police are commenting on TV and newspaper that this new law will be,for the most part, not enforced. Their theory is they have more important things to do in a hurricane.I agree. You choose to stay,it is your choice,live with it. I wonder,since this was decided at the state level,how will the state make local PD enforce this. Seems like a conflict in the making.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    I agree with other posters that you should not be forced to evacuate from your home. Although, I also agree that, if you choose not to leave, you sign a little form that includes your next-of-kin contact info and your acknowledgement that you will need seek rescue services or aid from the government. Problem solved. Freedom intact, along with responsibility for your choices. The way (in my opinion) it ought to be.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

The government has become too big and overbearing. The people will rise against an oppressive government.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    The government has become too big and overbearing. The people will rise against an oppressive government.
    Keep in mind, this is a law passed by the state government, not the federal government (which is normally the culprit when it comes to sticking their nose where it does not belong).
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

I hope the law is found to be unconstitutioal. We live in an area often hit by hurricanes, and most locals never leave. We all do just fine with our own resources. It would get ugly if anyone tried to force all of us out.

The last mass evacuation here was from Roanoke Island in the late 1580's, and that didn't work out too well for those who left.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I say that if you live in an area that is prone to disaster whether it is flood, fire, mudslide, hurricane, or whatever, you are on your own. The government or anybody else for that matter shouldn't be trying to rescue you or bail you out economically for living in a place that is that risky.

This new law is BS in my book. I am just glad I don't live in an area that will be affected by it. We have gotten some of the evacuees in the past, and if they want to come up this way again, fine. But for the gov. to say you must leave is a whole different ball game. The law should have been that if people didn't evacuate when told that they needed to, the state or other local authorities have no duty to try and save them. Once the threat is passed services will be restored in an orderly and reasonable manner. Those that stay are on their own.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Keep in mind, this is a law passed by the state government, not the federal government (which is normally the culprit when it comes to sticking their nose where it does not belong).
    Gonzo
    Government in general (federal, state, and local) is too big and overbearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    Government in general (federal, state, and local) is too big and overbearing.
    As was my ex-wife. But I digress...
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    As was my ex-wife. But I digress...
    LOL!!!That made my day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links