They are taking YOUR water.....

This is a discussion on They are taking YOUR water..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's not your water any more !!! YouTube - The Great Water Heist Then watch Babs Boxer and her cronies work their magic in the ...

Thread: They are taking YOUR water.....

It's not your water any more !!!

YouTube - The Great Water Heist

Then watch Babs Boxer and her cronies work their magic in the next video...PART 2

bosco

More of the same....Big government = bad.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

VIP Member
    These kind of "concerns" and complaints are ridiculous. I noticed the post came from NY, where water isn't much of an issue.

Here in Texas ground water and surface water has been regulated forever, almost. The dang stuff is so scarce that whole multi-county areas band together to form water districts which regulate the recovery of water from
    beneath the surface. There is a well developed body of water-rights law and a system of adminstrative law judges to sort out water conflicts.

There is nothing inherently new or radical in the proposed regulation as posted in the video except perhaps that these things typically are left to the states. Water, in much of the US is a scarce commodity and it needs to be allocated.

Here, mineral rights do not necessarily run with the surface land. They are sold independently from the land surface, and regulated by the state of Texas--especially with regard to either oil or water.

A property owner in our area can not drill a water hole without authorization from the adminstrative body that manages water rights within a multi-county area.

It was necessary to legislate to do thing this way because otherwise large commercial groups would purchase small amounts of acreage, drill huge wells into the aquifer that serves the general area, and sell the water to the nearest large city until the aquifer was drained and no one had water.

""There is nothing inherently new or radical in the proposed regulation as posted in the video except perhaps that these things typically are left to the states.""

True.. I however would rather have it remain a STATES right than have it fall under the control of Washington.

bosco

There was a lawsuit between Kansas and Colorado several years ago,Kansas sued stating that Colorado was not releasing enough water out of the dam and therefore Kansas was getting less water than they were entitled to or sumpin like that,Kansas won the lawsuit IIRC
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member

Water flows between states

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    ""There is nothing inherently new or radical in the proposed regulation as posted in the video except perhaps that these things typically are left to the states.""

True.. I however would rather have it remain a STATES right than have it fall under the control of Washington.

bosco
    The problem with the preference for state control is that water often times runs between states. Dukalmighty gave one example of a conflict; last year there was a conflict on water rights between GA and FL.

I sure wish it weren't necessary to legislate and regulate water rights stuff at all, but with 310 million folks and growing, and with immense industrial and agricultural water use, there really isn't much choice.

Let states deal with other states and if there can be no agreement then let the Feds step in to act as arbitrators. My main concern is in letting people like Boxer or Pelosi or any other "experts" who happen to be thousands of miles from me decide on what I can do on my property.
    OMO

bosco

Sponsored Links