Sheep in the family. - Page 2

Sheep in the family.

This is a discussion on Sheep in the family. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Rob P. So, you're saying that someone shouldn't go where they want to out of fear that something "might" happen while they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheep in the family.

I'll go where I please also, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    So, you're saying that someone shouldn't go where they want to out of fear that something "might" happen while they are there?

If that's the case then evil has already won.

As for myself, I go where I choose when I choose. The fact that someone else "may" try to harm me is of little regard in the decision because I accept the risk and the possible consequences based upon my personal needs and desires. To do otherwise makes me a slave to the whims of evil.

This is not to say that I go looking for danger. What I mean is that I will not change my plans because of a vague or remote possibility of danger. I am not afraid of fear.

My sister-in-law and her friend do not carry a gun or any other form of self-protection. They also have had no training in situational awareness or avoidance techniques. They are typical sheep. That pretty much makes them a victim waiting to happen in my book. So yes, in their case, they shouldn't go there knowing it has become a more dangerous place to be.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    My sister-in-law and her friend do not carry a gun or any other form of self-protection. They also have had no training in situational awareness or avoidance techniques. They are typical sheep. That pretty much makes them a victim waiting to happen in my book. So yes, in their case, they shouldn't go there knowing it has become a more dangerous place to be.
    So, their potential victimization means that they should stay home and never leave?

As for it becoming a "more dangerous place" isn't that being a bit pretentious? Do you actually know that it will be more dangerous at that time vs. any other time? Do you actually believe that your sister would be in more danger at a specific time/place just because she doesn't carry a gun anywhere?

I have a neighbor that is a member,. He is really a great guy,.. I agree they are miss understood.. There rep comes from the media.,.. The SAME media that says how awful guns are,.. Specially the AK and the AR assault weapons/guns...... OR the same media that says how mean ALL pitbulls are.. Ya,. And now you all are taking the word of the same media and saying how mean the Hell's Angel's are???? Have they ever had a fight or someone get shot??? YES, but that happens all over anyway... Don't judge on something from the media,...

Sorry RobP... I didn't read what you had on this page before posting,.. Don't mean to include you..

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    I have a neighbor that is a member,. He is really a great guy,.. I agree they are miss understood.. There rep comes from the media.,.. The SAME media that says how awful guns are,.. Specially the AK and the AR assault weapons/guns...... OR the same media that says how mean ALL pitbulls are.. Ya,. And now you all are taking the word of the same media and saying how mean the Hell's Angel's are???? Have they ever had a fight or someone get shot??? YES, but that happens all over anyway... Don't judge on something from the media,...
    whoa, GREAT point. didnt think of it that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links