Motorcycle ban??????????? - Page 4

Motorcycle ban???????????

This is a discussion on Motorcycle ban??????????? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd be ridin' wheelies up & down the streets !! Not really, I can't do wheelies. But if I could... But I can't....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'd be ridin' wheelies up & down the streets !!

Not really, I can't do wheelies.

But if I could...

But I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post

I state my name and she calms down a little and says well I guess you can come in for a minute.
    Hopefully, if she needs popo, they're not on bikes.

People suck.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    What about my Dad's whisper quiet Gold Wing? .....
    That's what I have. I pull in next to people and all they hear is my radio. I surprised one lady in a parking lot getting out of her car. She looked over and said, "I was wondering where that music was coming from, I didn't hear you pull in." Then she commented, "Very nice bike."

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    What about my Dad's whisper quiet Gold Wing? Sounds like they're painting with a broad brush and need to address specific troublemakers instead of lumping everyone together.
    My father in-law has one and rides with me and a group of Harley riders. He always jokes around and asks us if he's drowning us out. When he pulls beside me at an intersection I don't even here him. Nice bike though...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Loud pipes saves lives.

A few years back some friends and i were going to the Myrtle Beach Bike Week and got a condo from a realtor. When we got to the place (8 hour drive) there was a sign informing us that motorcycles were not allowed in the complex. Luckily,my Wife drove her Mustang and had to ferry us about 3/4 of a mile from the front gate to the apartment every time we left or came back.

My dad in HOA type situation had to return a golf practice thing to me as they were not allowed to put anything in their front yards...even temporarily.

Hoa's are no fun

The HOA at my parents house tried to give us flak until we provided them a bill for the service of mowing the retention pond that bordered our property for 7 years. It also might have been no one wanted to knock on the door because they had to walk past my hearse.(the cause of the problems) It is just maddening to me how up tight a few neighbors can get.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    SelfDefense, the Constitution defines the powers of the Federal government so it does not restrict our freedoms, enumerates individual rights, and states that all other rights are reserved for the states or the people. HOA's are not governmental bodies. They are legal contractural entities. So you enter into a contract with them. As a lawyer friend of mine likes to remind me, you can't sign away your rights or freedoms in a contract. HOA's don't have the authority to restrict what you drive or park on a public road. Government does.

But many of the HOA's control PRIVATE roadways within their boundaries. If you didn't read the restrictions before you signed the deal, it's your fault. You wouldn't catch me dead living under those regimes.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    It is disturbing when people toss the term discrimination around indicriminantely. Somehow, I don't think a true understanding of discrimination has been absorbed. No one is being discriminated against in this instance. The local community simply wishes to live the way they enjoy. Whatever happened to individual rights? Some rights are more important than others? And who makes that determination?
    Here, if it is a legal motorized vehicle, it is also OK to drive it on any "public" street or road and cannot be prohibited by any housing area, agency or association. They lost the argument you are trying to make. The "majority" cannot run over the rights of the few. No matter whether they like it, or not. That's an "individual's rights". They are a taxpayer and help to pay for those roads and it's legal to ride a motorcycle on any of those roads. HOA's, do not own the roads... not here anyway. This also applies to any parking lots "accessible to the public".

No matter how you want to defend it, it's fits the very definition of descrimination. I won't add the one used most often in Sociology, but the one in Wikipedia is close enough. .....

Wikipedia : Discrimination is a sociological term that refers to treatment taken toward or against a person of a certain group that is taken in consideration based on class or category. The United Nations explains: "Discriminatory behaviours take many forms, but they all involve some form of exclusion or rejection."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links