Man Shoots Kid for Walking on Lawn

This is a discussion on Man Shoots Kid for Walking on Lawn within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I didn't know where to put this so I stuck it here, off topic. In Cincinatti, OH a man shot and killed a 15 year ...

Thread: Man Shoots Kid for Walking on Lawn

1952 - 2006

I didn't know where to put this so I stuck it here, off topic.

In Cincinatti, OH a man shot and killed a 15 year old kid for walking on his lawn.

Check out the link and news story.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/dontsteponthegrass.html
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrator

Post That Story Is Unreal

Notice that the guy has absolutely no remorse about blowing that kid away. Oh...he probably feels bad that he's not going to be able to weed his lawn anymore but, he does not feel even a bit bad about killing that kid.
    The guy was totally obsessive about his lawn. Of couse the obsesson was not 100% normal.
    From what I understand the neighborhood kids repeated toyed with that guys obsession...walking on his lawn & kicking Little divot's into his grass & yelling and tossing rocks at his house.
    He made repeated calls to the parents but, to no avail.
    I'm NOT justifying his behavior at all but, do not let your kids mess with screwball type people.

This guy is going to get locked up for the remainder of life & he obviously does not care about that fact AT ALL...
    He finally got his revenge & that is all he cares about.
    I wonder who is going to take of his beautiful lawn now?

Lead Moderator
    sounds like an ongoing neigborhood fight. Too bad the guy snapped and shot the kid. If all sides had been more reasonable, and shown some mutual respect, maybe a kid would not be dead.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The kicker is that his "landscaping" is nothing special - look at the place. A couple of evergreen "meatballs" in front of the house and a patchy lawn. The guy is obviously nuts, nobody who spends that much time on his landscaping should have a yard that looks that poor!!!
    Live Free or Die

This happened in my part of town. My brother knew the teenager and my wife had him as a student in school last year. He was quite a troublemaker - but I suppose many 15 year olds are these days. The neighbor who shot the teenager used to be my dad's boss way back when. Dad said he was a pretty normal guy and never exhibited signs of emotional problems. I wouldn't make too much of the lawn obsession - a lot of folks are like that.

The story I got from my brother was the kid was home alone - his family was at a family reunion out of town for the weekend. The kid crossed his yard and they guy said if he did it again he would shoot him (there was apparently a history here - though I'm not aware of the details). The kid did it again later, the neighbor shot once with a .410 slug and missed. The kid took off running towards his house. At the point he reached his driveway, the second slug took him broadside through his heart and both lungs, exiting out if his far arm. Initial reports was that he was shot twice, but this is inaccurate. The first shot missed. No report as to where it went - as it was a fairly surrounded subdivision.

Not making any judgements here - just reporting what I know from friends/family.

QK - from what I've heard from people who knew the old guy - he was pretty miserable and didn't have much to loose. I've known similar types.

I Imagine in his mind "His Lawn" was one of the few things he had left.

No matter what the actual cause I'm guessing he blamed the kids for the scraggly look it had.

I wonder is this a picture of the perp:
    Attached Images

Assistant Administrator
    It certainly is possible to see how the guy got totally freeked out by the seemingly unrelenting attentions of kids, this one in particular. Some kids do like to lay it on and see how far they can go - having little or no respect for others.

But well - his actions were totally unjustified it goes without saying - his logical thought process got overtaken by his anger. I do wonder too even, whether (not condoning his shooting one bit) he was not aware he was loaded with slug rounds and just thought a spray or two of birdshot would make his point.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links