cell phones

This is a discussion on cell phones within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Maybe I'm not a techy kinda guy,but I have no idea why they call them cell phones anymore,a phone is something you use to make ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cell phones

Maybe I'm not a techy kinda guy,but I have no idea why they call them cell phones anymore,a phone is something you use to make phone calls,the stuff they got nowadays is not a phone it's a computer
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Maybe I'm not a techy kinda guy,but I have no idea why they call them cell phones anymore,a phone is something you use to make phone calls,the stuff they got nowadays is not a phone it's a computer
    Well blackberry's and treo's are not cell phones. they are personal data accessories or PDA's for short. I can agree that palm has been slacking in the cell phone department. though I do enjoy my centro.

As far as the American market goes your most durable and best priced will be one of the Blackberry's or maybe the Iphone. But IMHO the Iphone is terrible if you text a fair amount. My blackberry or Treo I can crank out a text without looking at the thing no chance in hell of that happening with the Iphone.

Also if you want the blackberry you don't have to have the data plan regardless of what the salesman says.

Written by
    Tiny85
    Former Cell Phones Salesman.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Rumor Mill has it that in January, you can get the Palm Pre for Verizon. Sprint will lose their rights to be the sole owners on that device.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I have a friend at work with a pre. Its a nice device. Easy to look at but the battery is crap! He has to charge it at lunch and breaks. He may have just gotten a bad apple but i wanted to put it out there so folks looking at them would know.

DM2
    I'm with Verizon and I have a Samsung Omnia. It runs Microsoft Mobile and is all touchscreen with a stylus. I wouldn't recommend the phone because only the phone part of it is operable using just your finger. Otherwise you have to use the stylus that hangs from the side of the phone. It get's annoying.

My friend has the LG Versa and I'm envious. I used to have the LG Voyager and recently re-activated it for my work cell. If Verizon still offers that one, I'd recommend it. The touchscreen is nice and it opens up for a nice keyboard.

That being said, if I were with or willing to switch to AT&T, I'd look at the Blackberry Bold. IMHO, Verizon doesn't offer a Blackberry version as nice as the Bold.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

I have a Samsung Saga and I like it. Easy access to internet and e-mail. Touch Screen, full keypad, and comes with a built in stylus. Also, comes with an optical mouse and a pretty decent camera.

Oh, and it makes phone calls too.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

jon
    Love my Blackberry Curve 8900.
    GPS and Google Maps App get me to all the gun shops in the area, can browse DC on break at work, texts are easy, and email is always checked.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Thanks for the input. My sister has a LG Versa. It is kind of what I am looking for. Awhile back Verizon had a samsung pda i760. Any input on that one? I like the bigger key pad. My eyes aren't what they use to be.

Thanks a gain for the advice

Rocky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links