cell phones

This is a discussion on cell phones within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am looking for a new cell phone. I have a palm Treo. It's my 4th one. It's NOT a QUALITY built phone. I am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cell phones

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

cell phones

I am looking for a new cell phone. I have a palm Treo. It's my 4th one. It's NOT a QUALITY built phone. I am looking for a better built phone with a larger key pad that is easyer to use. Also easy internet access and viewing for business. I use verizon wireless.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I've got the LG Versa. It's a touch screen. I downgraded from a Blackberry for it. I really liked my BB, but just didn't have the money to pay for a dataplan anymore.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I have been so pleased with my Blackberry. You should look at what is available with Verizon for those. You also might look at Unlocked cell phones unlocked phones unlocked mobile phones. Unlocked cell phones unlocked Gsm cell phones. Get an unlocked phone and not have to extend your contract. Lot of stuff on there that is not available with your provider, but will still work.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Good luck Rocky... I hate phone shopping.. I get so mad when I cannot find anything I like.. I just got the Boulder and between the crappy battery life and lack of words in the text file.... Oh,. and the extreme slowness of the picture file... . Ya,.. I have fifteen days to return it,... .

blackberry or iphone, those are the 2 main ones that come to mind

Love my blackberry curve from Verizon. Give it a shot.

I picked up a Blackberry 8330 4 or 5 months ago. It's a great phone! Going online is quick and easy. I put a lot of music on the media card and listen to it a lot. I also stuck my Spanish lessons on it so I can practise while I commute. I downloaded Google Maps and I "heart" Radio both are free. Before you buy go to CrackBerry.com ? The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers and do some browsing. It will help you figure out which model phone you may want. It also will help you figure out the strengths and limitations of the Blackberry platform. Good Luck
    Question Everything!

Blackberry! +1 on crackberry website. Tons of info.

Yes crackberry is awesome.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I am such a Luddite... I almost got thrown out of the Sprint store for making a scene... I wanted to buy a phone, and this goofy kid started selling me GPS units, MP3 players, text messengers, video cameras, game consoles, heart defibrilators, geiger counters, EMP detectors, deflector shields... I interrupted him and said, "I don't want any of this crap, you tool... I want a telephone... 10 buttons and a dial tone...!"

But apparently they don't make "telephones" anymore...

I'm looking for a good deal on a used Jitterbug, if anyone has one...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I got an iPhone which at the time I was not that excited about it but my wife wanted one and so after checking them out I kind of liked it. Now I would have a hard time giving it up. With the GPS and all the aps that sync to the GPS its a great device if you travel a great deal.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

i like the touch screen black berry, forget the name of it... i have the samsung omnia. if i had the opportunity, i would have gone for the black berry.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

I hate shopping for new phones...those '57-year contracts' are so depressing...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cell Phones

You know why people call a Blackberry a Crackberry?????
    It's because crack is less adictive than a blackberry
    Everytime that little blighter beeps, you will be going straight for it

I think the brits thrash the hell out of their phones (we text like REALLY text!!!)
    Go for a Nokia if you have them out there, Nokia have a good menu and seem to out live most phones.
    My 6230i had 420 hours on it in 18 months, still going well but in the UK we get FREE upgrades if we are a big user
    Have a 6500 classic now, this is the 2nd one as the volume went on the 1st, although I think that was my fault as it rang when in the shower and I got the ear piece wet

Tint Bob (UK)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links