Wake Up America!!

Wake Up America!!

This is a discussion on Wake Up America!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I ran across this on another site, and thought I would share it here. Subject: RE: Words of Wisdom from Lee Iacocca This should get ...

Thread: Wake Up America!!

Wake Up America!!

I ran across this on another site, and thought I would share it here.

Subject: RE: Words of Wisdom from Lee Iacocca

This should get everyone fired up! We need to fire the do-nothings (and the do too muches) Congress!

Remember Lee Iacocca, the man who rescued Chrysler Corporation from its death throes? He's now 82 years old and has a new book, 'Where Have All The Leaders Gone?'.

Lee Iacocca Says:

'Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder! We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, 'Stay the course..'

Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America , not the damned, 'Titanic'. I'll give you a sound bite: 'Throw all the bums out!'

You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore..

The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs.. While we're fiddling in Iraq , the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving 'pom-poms' instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of the ' America ' my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. I've had enough. How about you?

I'll go a step further. You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged. This is a fight I'm ready and willing to have. The Biggest 'C' is Crisis! (Iacocca elaborates on nine C's of leadership, with crisis being the first.)

Leaders are made, not born. Leadership is forged in times of crisis. It's easy to sit there with your feet up on the desk and talk theory. Or send someone else's kids off to war when you've never seen a battlefield yourself. It's another thing to lead when your world comes tumbling down.

On September 11, 2001, we needed a strong leader more than any other time in our history. We needed a steady hand to guide us out of the ashes. A hell of a mess, so here's where we stand.

We're immersed in a bloody war with no plan for winning and no plan for leaving.

We're running the biggest deficit in the history of the country.

We're losing the manufacturing edge to Asia , while our once-great companies are getting slaughtered by health care costs.

Gas prices are skyrocketing, and nobody in power has a coherent energy policy. Our schools are in trouble.

Our borders are like sieves.

The middle class is being squeezed every which way.

These are times that cry out for leadership.

But when you look around, you've got to ask: 'Where have all the leaders gone?' Where are the curious, creative communicators? Where are the people of character, courage, conviction, omnipotence, and common sense? I may be a sucker for alliteration, but I think you get the point.

Name me a leader who has a better idea for homeland security than making us take off our shoes in airports and throw away our shampoo?

We've spent billions of dollars building a huge new bureaucracy, and all we know how to do is react to things that have already happened.

Name me one leader who emerged from the crisis of Hurricane Katrina. Congress has yet to spend a single day evaluating the response to the hurricane or demanding accountability for the decisions that were made in the crucial hours after the storm.

Everyone's hunkering down, fingers crossed, hoping it doesn't happen again. Now, that's just crazy. Storms happen. Deal with it. Make a plan. Figure out what you're going to do the next time.

Name me an industry leader who is thinking creatively about how we can restore our competitive edge in manufacturing. Who would have believed that there could ever be a time when 'The Big Three' referred to Japanese car companies? How did this happen, and more important, what are we going to do about it?

Name me a government leader who can articulate a plan for paying down the debit, or solving the energy crisis, or managing the health care problem. The silence is deafening. But these are the crises that are eating away at our country and milking the middle class dry.

I have news for the gang in Congress. We didn't elect you to sit on your asses and do nothing and remain silent while our democracy is being hijacked and our greatness is being replaced with mediocrity. What is everybody so afraid of? That some bonehead on NBC news or CNN news will call them a name? Give me a break. Why don't you guys show some spine for a change?

Had Enough? Hey, I'm not trying to be the voice of gloom and doom here. I'm trying to light a fire. I'm speaking out because I have hope - I believe in America . In my lifetime, I've had the privilege of living through some of America 's greatest moments. I've also experienced some of our worst crises: The 'Great Depression,' 'World War II,' the 'Korean War,' the 'Kennedy Assassination,' the 'Vietnam War,' the 1970's oil crisis, and the struggles of recent years culminating with 9/11.

If I've learned one thing, it's this: 'You don't get anywhere by standing on the sidelines waiting for somebody else to take action. Whether it's building a better car or building a better future for our children, we all have a role to play. That's the challenge I'm raising in this book. It's a "Call to Action" for people who, like me, believe in America '. It's not too late, but it's getting pretty close. So let's shake off the crap and go to work. Let's tell 'em all we've had 'enough.'

Make your own contribution by sending this to everyone you know and care about. It's our country, folks, and it's our future. Our future is at stake!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

We could use a few Lee Iacocca's on Capital Hill
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Well said...

Wake up America...everyone needs to get out and vote in about 15 months...ACORN will be at the polls, will you show up?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Acorn would be taking your vote if they could get away with it.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Well said but falling on deaf ears I'm afraid, most do want to stand on the sidelines and just watch the game...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

WAKE UP AMERICA, def. well said!

he sounds serious

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    we could use a few lee iacocca's on capital hill
    +1
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Well said but falling on deaf ears I'm afraid, most do want to stand on the sidelines and just watch the game...
    Sad isn't it?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    good post

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    How dare you stoop so low as to tell the truth.....ha...no doubt.

It goes back to being PC. Secure our borders, well we have to boot everyone's butt out that do not have documentation being here. They are giving are Sheriff Joe Apprio a hard time for rounding up illegal aliens.

People squawk about driving while "??????". Just fill in the blanks.

Absurd that this professor is making the news and Obama is talking to the media commenting on it ? Why is he putting his time into that crap. Let this be solved locally in the courts if it has too.

We picked these leaders or should I say theses government officials. Their only concern is not to make waves and keep themselves getting re-elected. Corporate America is not going to sponsor anyone to run for a office that will not let them rape and pillage the corporate funds. These people going around giving themselves bonuses for screwing up. They should be going to jail, not giving themselves raises.

The medical bill that is going in. Basically, if the government feels it will cost to much to save/extend your life, they are not going to pay for curing you. If more financially better to put you in hospice and let you die. What is this "Soylent Green?"

We are becoming so apathetic worried more about who will win on the Bachelor then where this country is going morally or politically.

I don't believe anyone is really paying attention around them. We are afraid to question people that associate with organization that seek destruction of our country or going to the local Home Depot on Saturday morning to see if those wanting work are legal to even work here.

I am getting fed up, I think this country started going down hill when Carter allowed Iran to take Americans hostage in the 1970's without paying dearly for that action. We should of bombed them in total submission. We should of never negotiate with terrorist and they need to pay a heavy price anytime they assault Americans. I do not give a crap how much collateral damage occurs. The citizens of that country should get those leaders out
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Im sorry but im going to have to get a lil upset with this guys writing. It sounds good and all, but to me he just sounds like another lazy citizen sitting on his couch watching the news takling about how bad of a job congress is doing.I didnt hear him with any ideas otr creativity or leadership or anything in that speel.maybe he should stop being a hypocrit and DO something about it instead of bitching!
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    Im sorry but im going to have to get a lil upset with this guys writing. It sounds good and all, but to me he just sounds like another lazy citizen sitting on his couch watching the news takling about how bad of a job congress is doing.

You're making an assumption that he is sitting around doing nothing. He wrote a book to raise awareness to coax people to make changes.

I didnt hear him with any ideas otr creativity or leadership or anything in that speel.

He was not elected to lead anyone anywhere or to single handedly solve the problems.

maybe he should stop being a hypocrit and DO something about it instead of bitching!
    And what are you doing about it besides writing about someone to condemn them.

Your bitching is no less hypocrisy than his.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I always liked Lee Iaccoca. Chrysler was a hell of a good company when he ran it. Ford was too. I would have voted for him for President if he had run.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sponsored Links