Time Travel - Page 2

Time Travel

This is a discussion on Time Travel within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Heart attack. You lived a debilitated life or croaked. No chance at recovery. yeah they jsut threw you in the hospital ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Heart attack. You lived a debilitated life or croaked. No chance at
    recovery.
    yeah they jsut threw you in the hospital and waited till the pain stopped. the medical advances alone they have made are amazing.

Senior Moderator
    I'd go in a heatbeat, as long as you could pick the time and place.

Otherwise, it'd be my luck that I showed up right in the middle of Picketts Charge on the wrong side of the cannons as they were going off...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    I'd LOVE to take my family - go back and live in the 1950's for SEVERAL reason's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Me too!
    Me three!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Who would you love to meet? Maybe go to the signing of the Decoration of Independence and ask they to remove the silly part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," And leave in bold the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    This is a very interesting question. But if you actually could travel back in time ONLY ONCE with a guarantee of a safe return to current time, where & what time would you travel backwards in the past? And why? Any thoughts on this subject?
    I wonder how man married men would apply?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Listen, I was serious when i took out that ad. Like I said "This is not a joke"
    As far as the "pay" thing, there are going to be some changes, ... looks like I'm going to have to cover your health care, and with the new tax rates, FICA is going to take most of what's left.
    How about after we get back, I'll let you in on how to build your own Delorean, I mean "time travel" vehicle. You'll be $ rich $ !!!

You're going to love Oakview, CA circa 75,000 BC. Good times! Oh, and bring some barbecue sauce.
    Ritalin - So much easier than parenting.

Don't forget your unabridged list of winning lotto numbers........

on a serious note, id like to go back to the weekend before my cousin passed away and eat grilled pork chops with him at his house like he asked me to, but i was too busy.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Who would you love to meet? Maybe go to the signing of the Decoration of Independence and ask they to remove the silly part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," And leave in bold the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    That would be the Bill of Rights, not the Declaration of Independence

But yes, that is an obvious choice.

Of course there are lottery numbers, sports results, stock/commodity trade prices, etc. Our concepts of a market and of value depend heavily on causality.

What I might like more, other than the obvious financial benefit to going to the past, would be going to the future. If you go far enough it is possible that all our current problems will be solved, or at least there will exist a standard of living that makes ours look pathetic in comparison. You may be rich in the past but all your riches cannot give you as good a life as a middle-class person of the distant future.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

i would like to go back to the wild wild west days, learn the quick draw, go to real saloon's. look for wild bill, billy the kid, wyat erp.. I might be an Outlaw, I might not!..

James
    Active Duty Air Force
    NRA Life Member
    CCW

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This ad is on par with the one that said, "This is your last chance to send $1 to this address." At least 50,000 people responded so that shows the mentality of some.
    That gives me an idea, Hmmm...
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I'd go back to 1990 or so and do two things:

a) kick my own ass for becoming such a slacker in the next 8 years
    b) have a beer with my dad, because I never got to. Lottery tickets and all that crap... nah... but I'd certainly clue him in on a few choice investments! I'd rather come back to a world where I grew up with my dad happy... even if it means I had to lose him all over again.

Damn, I need to stop thinking about this. =\

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinbbl View Post
    i would like to go back to the wild wild west days, learn the quick draw, go to real saloon's. look for wild bill, billy the kid, wyat erp.. I might be an Outlaw, I might not!..

James
    Quick draw? The usual method for those folks was to shoot people in the back.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I wonder how many answered his ad...... BTY if I could go back I would buy about $1,000. worth of Microsoft as an IPO, that would be worth millions today....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I can think of a few people I'd like to send back in time, of course most of them wouldn't be allowed to return!

But what if in retailation they shot your parents before you were born ?

I knew a woman that wanted to retire and asked me if I could help point her in a good direction on some of her stocks, etc. I sat down with her, and she said she & her husband would take out $ each paycheck and buy some stock in something. In the early 50's, they bought in these companies they had no idea about but just "sounded good" ... like IBM, BOEING, and the list went on. I checked the values for her, and she had $$ millions in stock.... my only question for her was, what the hell you doing here ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links