New shooters +female +OCD = natural shooters

This is a discussion on New shooters +female +OCD = natural shooters within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would just like to point out now that every time now that I have taken a new shooter to a range on separate occassions, ...

Thread: New shooters +female +OCD = natural shooters

I would just like to point out now that every time now that I have taken a new shooter to a range on separate occassions, all being female, and all being OCD...seems to make a difference.

I've taken guys from work with me over the years and most shoot like ...well they hit everything but the target. The chicks on the other hand...FOLLOW DIRECTIONS to the letter. At this point I have to attribute this to either: A) Female physical build(wider hips = better base?), B) Serious OCDness which results in obsessing over perfection which in turn means following directions flawlessly, or C) luck?

I took a lady from work last night and darned if she didn't hit 10 ring in all but 1 round out of the first 30! Granted the first 10 rnd mag was at the 3 yrd line. Next mag I moved her out to the 7 since obviously 3 yards was no challenge. Bang...10 ring again all 10 rounds... Ok Move it out around 15...sure enough first 9 rnds in the 10 ring and last round in the 9. WTH? This was from a person that has NEVER fired a weapon before... Her previous experience...a few rounds of Duck Hunt from the old original Nintendo system.

So eventually I bumped her up to a 1911 to let her try and see if she liked it at all...and part curious as to whether she'd be just as good...yep. She was a little worse with the 1911, but all COM shots. And I figure at that point, she wasn't used to shooting and could have been suffering from muscle fatigue...

Although I suppose I should mention that I started low on the caliber scale and worked her up. Ifigured if I started with something larger, then she might get the whole anticipation of the recoil and muzzle flash and screw up from the start. So I started her with a little Walther P22 and worked up from there.

All in all though...a good night of fun shootin' stuff
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Cool. Yup, women listen. After they pull the trigger once, guys are "experts".

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    A woman won't necessarily assume they know everything, most guys will.

Wimmens are awesome shots. My 18 year old daughter out shoots me all the time.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCAz View Post
    Wimmens are awesome shots. My 18 year old daughter out shoots me all the time.
    She probably draws better than you also. ..... Opps NEVERMIND!!!

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    women have less pre-conceived notions about how to shoot, thus it is foreign territory for them and they are more likely to listen. Men "know" how to shoot. It's also funny tho because if you hand a man a rifle he knows how to hold it like it was natural, and for women, it's generally not the case.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

I teach CC in Arkansas. It has been my experience that women DO listen and are lots easier to teach than men. As you said, men know it all, Women admit they don't and listen. And shoot very well. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    She probably draws better than you also. ..... Opps NEVERMIND!!!

Links