Why does she get to vote? - Page 4

Why does she get to vote?

This is a discussion on Why does she get to vote? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by packinnova I'd also like to point out that no one in this country owns any real property anymore unless it's illegally. Try ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I'd also like to point out that no one in this country owns any real property anymore unless it's illegally. Try not paying your "property taxes" and see how long your property remains yours. Betcha it ends up on the auction block

Requiring property ownership might be a good idea...if we had such a thing anymore. If it were no longer an issue and property ownership was the requirement, it would more or less ensure that folks are making more careful consideration of their options when they have something of their own on the line. But again...we don't own anything anymore.
    packinnova i hear you. Trust me i do. Check out the book Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Bosco, are those really questions from the INS test? If so why are questions about Martin Luther King Jr. and the United Nations on the test?? Might as well ask who is the Prime Minister of England or Russia.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was one of the most significant individuals in U.S. history, perhaps the central figure in the struggle for civil rights. He's a uniquely American historical figure.

The United Nations also has figured significantly in American history, and is a conduit for execution of foreign policy initiatives, regardless of which party is in power.

It's important that people know about such people and institutions. It's part of being informed, whether you like them or not.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    Obviously i would not take it that far. BTW our founding fathers agreed with the property tax idea. They wanted only people who owned property to vote. Look it up. Sorry if i stepped on your toes with the property tax statement. I do see you point though.
    The founding fathers, of course, did not get everything right. If they had, for example, we wouldn't have needed the 13th Amendment.

You're really right about having to own property to vote, though. For a number of years, I lived in government housing projects, didn't own my own home, yet I was able to vote anyway. Outrageous! Those projects were totally at taxpayer expense, housing thousands of non-property-owning people like me, who still got a vote, at places like Fort Hood, Fort Riley, Fort Benning, etc., etc. Why should folks living off the government and not paying property taxes expect to have any say?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links