shtf soon ??

This is a discussion on shtf soon ?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; well i saw a couple of small altercations between the cubans and whoever when i lived in miami. things could've gotten out of control but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shtf soon ??

well i saw a couple of small altercations between the cubans and whoever when i lived in miami.
    things could've gotten out of control but cooler heads prevailed.
    the mexicans seem a little more hotheaded from what i've seen down there. jmho.

2. Remove Ads

I don't think there is much chance here in Maine.
    Unless the Senior Citizens organize against the state for not allowing them to go get their Rx in Canada!
    Live Free or Die

VIP Member
    Here in South Florida all is quiet. Althought we have a share of Mexicans working the fields, I don't see them raising hell. There is not a whole lotta love between mexicans and cubans and I did not see a march anywhere close.
    Anybody else has the feeling that this movement is being financed from outside? There is something fishy here and I am not doubting that S will HTF and then there will be a huge backlash against the illegal aliens.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    ....formented perhaps by Presidente Fox and his administration?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Alls quiet in Idaho
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    ....formented perhaps by Presidente Fox and his administration?
    Specially if you figure that the second source of income for Mejico is the money the illegals send.

I do have the feeling something is coming and will happen on the Left Coast.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Whether or not the s does htf, remember the boy scout motto, Be Prepared!
    Curry

what we're seeing is a breakdown in the rule of law. Because of selective enforcement along with all the crazy laws on the books, people don't see the point. Everybody only cares for themselves and seeing what they can take from others.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    what happens when the wrong person sees something like this , http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004869.htm I personaly find it pretty inflamitory but then i am one who tends to express my first ammendment rights by b*tch slapping anyone who burns our flag too

VIP Member
    Email just sent hoping that by contacting my senator we avoid the SHTF scenario:

Dear Senators Graham and Mack:
    It is with great distress that I write you. As a Naturalized US Citizen who swore allegiance to this great Country, it makes me sick that a rally, on our soil, sponsored by media outlets with foreigh interests went as far as to defend the breaking of the laws of the land and seeing our flag subsumed by a foreign flag in our soil.

It is time to make a stand and defend our Country from such blatant disregard for our laws, our sybols and our culture. It is up to you as Legislators to make a stand and say 'No More' if nothing else for those you represent that came to this Country legally and have become Americans in heart and soul.
    Attention Floridians: Write your Senators and Representatives. This is not only a political point but a concern for our security. Remember that among those "Poor Undocumented Souls" we have a great number of MS-13 Members and other assorted criminals.

Senator Connie Mack connie@mack.senate.gov
    Senator Bob Graham bob_graham@graham.senate.gov
    Randy Cain.

I don't see it happening.
    But then again, I always underestimate the power of mobs.

After I get my bonus this week, i'm looking at purchasing a nice rifle, because i'm probably wrong about above.
    יזכר לא עד פעם
    Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am.
    Remember. Never Again.

Unhappy Ummmmm Miggy......

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    Email just sent hoping that by contacting my senator we avoid the SHTF scenario:

Attention Floridians: Write your Senators and Representatives. This is not only a political point but a concern for our security. Remember that among those "Poor Undocumented Souls" we have a great number of MS-13 Members and other assorted criminals.

Senator Connie Mack connie@mack.senate.gov
    Senator Bob Graham bob_graham@graham.senate.gov

Ummmmm Miggy.....I don't know how to tell you this but......Your list for our elected officials is a few YEARS out of date.

Connie Mack & Bob Graham retired. Our "new" Senators are Gonzalez (R) and Nelson (D)
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

As poor writer, and worse grammarian , I share the following:

fo·ment tr.v. fo·ment·ed, fo·ment·ing, fo·ments

1. To promote the growth of; incite.
    2. To treat (the skin, for example) by fomentation.

Oft misused, oft mispelled, kind of like the tax code...

Not pickin' on anyone...just like to get things correct

Exclamation Not a SHTF scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Does anyone besides myself see a hell of a potential for multiple location shtf situations as the immigration rights protests turn to riots as they wear on ? On a side note a while back we had postings about cached weapons on the border ... tis food for thought imho. Thanks
    What you describe, I don't define as a SHTF scenario. The infrastructure is in place to handle it and recovery will be swift.

A true SHTF scenario is like a WMD attack or a situation similar to Katrina but on an even larger scale. Infrastructure shattered. No services. No help: LEO, medical or mundane (like A/C repair!). Mass starvation since there will be no food distribution. Water plants fail. You get the idea. Riots are ONLY a problem to the general populace where gun control is strict. Just my .02
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

As far as organization, its in place. MS-13 is the biggie, but we have plenty of home-grown Hispanic gangs. The big conflict is that close scrutiny/censure of illegals will bring the gangs & dopers into the light as well. No mas dinero, mano! That directly impacts the standard of living of the Mexican beauracracy and military.

Have to disagree with you Ex, this could be a major SHTF. From my experiences, in KS, TX, CO, and NM, the Mexican community is Mexican first, Ameican.....well...... Now that is a generalization. I would also posit that a majority of our natural-born citizens, in the mid-lower SES are mouth-breathing morons as well. Exceptions do not make general differences, in everyday life. (The great guy/gal you work with may not be available to vouch for you, in the midst of an angry mob-even if they are, it's only good for you, not general society.)

But back to SHTF- we already know that LA, Laredo, Houston, Dallas, many other major cities have neighborhoods that the PD will not respond to unless it's enmasse. With the infrastructure of the gangs pumping up the unaffiliated, start two conflicts in seperate boroughs/counties/whathaveyou, make a rush on two of the city's major hospitals, and you've effectively shut down the city. Fire/EMS/PD/SO can't afford to go far from their stations or they'll be burned and/or their vehicles mobbed. Truckers making deliveries? Haha. NG- well, how many cities go up at the same time? 6? Across the country. You'd have to have a shoot-to-kill curfew. Lots of "normal folk" would be less than tolerant of that situation.

NO was a primer. The degree of ugliness just depends on breadth and penetration of the threat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links