shtf soon ??

This is a discussion on shtf soon ?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone besides myself see a hell of a potential for multiple location shtf situations as the immigration rights protests turn to riots as they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shtf soon ??

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

shtf soon ??

Does anyone besides myself see a hell of a potential for multiple location shtf situations as the immigration rights protests turn to riots as they wear on ? On a side note a while back we had postings about cached weapons on the border ... tis food for thought imho .

edited to add :

I did not start this thread to discuss immigration issues which really are not for this forum imho , Only the possiblility of the demonstrations degrading to riots and civil unrest. Please stay on that topic and leave the right or wrong of illegal or guest workers for other places

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I could see some disorder, I'm not so sure about SHTF, like rioting and burning, but I do know it's a very emotional driven issue and emotions can lead to some intense situations.

Im not sure but maybe

VIP Member
    The potential is there for sure...but they would be pretty dumb to do it. The sleeping giant might awaken, and besides, they are apparently already winning the "open borders is A-okay" fight
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Students rushed Dallas City Hall Tuesday in the second day of marches for the rights of illegal immigrants, leaving at least three injured; students also gathered at Kiest Park in Oak Cliff and Fort Worth City Hall.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/8314513/detail.html

I believe the possibility is fairly moderate-high to high. Texas, California and Colorado have some of the highest concentrations in the US. If some of the radical or criminal fringe start fomenting violence I think it could escalate quite quickly.

It is a very emotional issue, and the demographics look interesting - a real high proportion of young men, and, as we all know - young mens' testosterone can wreck havoc on their judgement. It is a pretty young group overall. The schools in the DFW area have not yet taken strong steps to control their students, many of whom are AWOL to join the protests.

If spring turns into summer, and the heat and patience wears thin without resolution on the issue - I think it could get dicey in a localized manner.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I think the possibility is there but i doubt that it will get beoynd this point.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Not a "dig" just the facts. Known fact that within our borders we have somewhere between 11,000,000 and 12,000,000 illegal alians. These are people that are law breaking felons. What would happen if all these people would riot or otherwise,again,intensionally,start breaking other laws? Remember 11-12 Mil. What would happen if these people would organize?? ---------

RSSZ in all fairness i have to point out that they are lawbreakers every one , howeaver right now simply slipping over the border is not a felony heck i am not shure it rises to the level of a petty offense pending new legeslation

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Sorry sir,thought that if your in this country illegally it is a felony. My mistake(i guess) -------

RSSZ more likely the legislators mistake but its all good lol

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Sorry sir,thought that if your in this country illegally it is a felony. My mistake(i guess) -------
    Apparently being in this country illegally, isn't illegal at all, much less a felony.

tho i am far from a mod , we are starting to see thread drift and i would politely ask that we return to the question posed by the first post , ya guys i am as guilty of drifting as anyone lol

Administrator
    OK Folks....Let's get it back on track.

It's a good thread...don't unravel it.

Depending on the area of the country chances certainly increase for civil unrest and rioting related to immigration issues.

For sure do not take part in any rally type situations where thousands of people (legal or illegal) are all crowded into one location.
    It is never wise to place your body into the center of any potential volatile powder keg.

Assistant Administrator
    In selected locations/areas I think there is a possibility for unrest - enough to provoke potentially serious clashes. Whether we label that SHTF I am not so sure, tho for locals maybe they might use the label.

I think much will depend on the final outcome of laws being discussed right now - and which way things go. There is a subtle powder keg lurking under the surface.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links