Sons of Anarchy...?

Sons of Anarchy...?

This is a discussion on Sons of Anarchy...? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Second season starts next month... anybody watching this? I like my TV hard , and I think FX does great original programming... I'm sure some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy...?

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Sons of Anarchy...?

Second season starts next month... anybody watching this? I like my TV hard, and I think FX does great original programming... I'm sure some of our more straightlaced members probably pass on FX shows, but I love 'em... when I see the programming guide say "Adult Language, Graphic Violence, Nudity, Adult Situations, Sexual Content, Mature Themes, and Exaggerated Mind-Blowing 'Splosions"... well, that's me. Hope ya won't hold it against me, but the harder a show is, the more realistic I find it to be. I enjoy a light-hearted comedy, but when it comes to drama... I'll take mine gritty...

I think The Shield was the best TV cop drama ever... that show turned the screws on ya for 5 years, and ended so brutally, so painfully... I recorded it, but I'd probably buy the DVD set. If ya find it in the bargain bin at Wally World, I recommend it highly.

Also watched Nip/Tuck for a few years, but the medical gore kinda got to me... I'm a little squishy about that... LOL

I've seen a few episodes of Rescue Me and it looks really good, but I watch too much TV as it is, and I didn't wanna get emotionally invested in yet another TV show...

Anyways... anybody else watching Sons of Anarchy or fans of FX...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I think The Shield was the best TV cop drama ever... that show turned the screws on ya for 5 years, and ended so brutally, so painfully... I recorded it, but I'd probably buy the DVD set. If ya find it in the bargain bin at Wally World, I recommend it highly.
    The two best cop shows were "The Blue Knight" and "Barney Miller". Both got it right. "Hill Street Blues" was pretty good in the first couple of seasons too.

I know I'm dating myself here, but the new stuff is just trash and noise to me.

Biker

whatsup

Sons of anarchy is only show i have ever enjoyed watching i just got done watching the whole season back to back with no commercials since it went off the tv network i cant wait for season 2

Loved Barney Miller, Biker... such a great cast...

And Hill Street Blues was the father of "gritty" TV... I still remember the uproar over 2 seconds of Dennis Franz's naked butt on broadcast TV... why couldn't it have been Veronica Hamel...?

You really should check out The Shield... I can't imagine that any LEO would not like it...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Sons Of Anarchy

Yes, I started watching Sons of Anarchy during the last half of the show and loved it. I was wondering when it would start again. I also watched Nip/Tuck but I stopped after the show got too gross for me. I miss ER so much, that was such a good show and it had a really long run. I was sad to see it leave. Alanna

Welcome from Tampa Bay, Alanna...

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Welcome from Tampa Bay, Alanna...

PointinClick Thank you, I too am from the Tampa Bay area, North Tampa Bay.

SoA is a great show. Glad to see it coming back. However, if you saw my TV viewing habits, you'd... well I don't know what you'd do or say but I don't aim to find out. I watch a lot of bad shows that I like very much. LOL
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Now that The Shield is over, we're going to have to get hooked on another FX show. I haven't seen SoA yet, but it's definitely on my list. The commercials made it look REALLY good!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Dark Blue looks promising. First two episodes were good. In Plain Sight is entertaining. Also don't forget Burn Notice. SOA is great. Shield was awesome. Rescue Me is good, but the ghost and AA stuff gets boring. I'm kind of liking True Blood on HBO. Can't wait for the new Band of Brothers in the Pacific to get going.

SoA is actually pretty good. It's got a sick sense of humor that just...does it for me. Rescue Me is pretty good, and yeah, I really miss The Shield.

Guess I'm guilty.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

SoA is the only show that I've faithfully followed every week. I also watched the season twice this summer while waiting for season 2 to start coming out.

Dont forget Royal Pains,Psych,Monk I think USA,TNN,TBS give the major channels a good run for the money.

The Sons of Anarchy is a great show, I watched all of the first season while it was running and now I can't wait for the second season to start! Glad others enjoy this show too!

SOA is the best show out there. I love it. I'm pumped for the new season. It makes me wanna become a outlaw biker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links