August giveaways

August giveaways

This is a discussion on August giveaways within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The August giveaways are now posted. Use the 'submit a link' to submit an unlisted giveaway! Giveaways! - Links Directory...

August giveaways

The August giveaways are now posted. Use the 'submit a link' to submit an unlisted giveaway!

Giveaways! - Links Directory

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Thanks again...one of these days I will win something. Don't think I've ever won anything in my entire life

Hopefully it will be a new Sig
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I know what you mean. I'm looking forward to the day that I hear about how the list I compiled helps someone win a new firearm.

I've won a few things. Once I won a Remington 870 express super magnum 12ga. That was from a raffle at a local fair, however. The second thing I won was a set of Blaupunkt speakers. That WAS from an online giveaway. There is hope :)

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I love these give-aways. I've won concert tickets off the radio, but never a gun. I've been entering them pretty frequently too...I'm sure one of these days...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

The nice thing is that I've received no spam from these sign ups. :D

Just wanted to post a reminder to take advantage of these giveaways before the end of August :)

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Thanks again...one of these days I will win something. Don't think I've ever won anything in my entire life
    I won the DRAFT in 1966 and that was fun.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post

Hopefully it will be a new Sig
    Hey, it can happen. In the early '90s, I stopped by a local bar after getting off from my part time job, to get a sandwich, a few beers, and play video poker. I hit a Royal Flush for $1462, and when I was paid by the route company guy, he told me that I was now entered in the "Pigskin Poker Mania". Every royal flush hit between Sept 1 and Dec 31, got an entry. The prize was a trip for 2 to the superbowl. I shrugged it off, knowing that I would never win it. Then, around Jan 8th, I got a call from United Coin, and it turns out that I did win. I won 2 tickets between the 40 and 50 yard line, airfare for 2, and a hotel. There was a cocktail party the night before, with Ottis Anderson, a former Giant's running back. I only cared because I had never seen a superbowl ring. I didn't have a finger that it would fit on, and if I did, I would bend to that side. It was the first Buffalo-Dallas game. Of course, the year before my Redskins had won it. Darn, one year too late. But it was a lot of fun. So, it just shows that anyone can win, even a schmuck like me. Anyway, thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    I won the DRAFT in 1966 and that was fun.
    Ouch. Luckily there are no trips to Vietnam in these giveaways. Have you been back since?

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Hey, it can happen. In the early '90s, I stopped by a local bar after getting off from my part time job, to get a sandwich, a few beers, and play video poker. I hit a Royal Flush for $1462, and when I was paid by the route company guy, he told me that I was now entered in the "Pigskin Poker Mania". Every royal flush hit between Sept 1 and Dec 31, got an entry. The prize was a trip for 2 to the superbowl. I shrugged it off, knowing that I would never win it. Then, around Jan 8th, I got a call from United Coin, and it turns out that I did win. I won 2 tickets between the 40 and 50 yard line, airfare for 2, and a hotel. There was a cocktail party the night before, with Ottis Anderson, a former Giant's running back. I only cared because I had never seen a superbowl ring. I didn't have a finger that it would fit on, and if I did, I would bend to that side. It was the first Buffalo-Dallas game. Of course, the year before my Redskins had won it. Darn, one year too late. But it was a lot of fun. So, it just shows that anyone can win, even a schmuck like me. Anyway, thanks for the post.
    Wow. That's one heck of a story. That's amazing :) Yeah, the guy told you about the royal flushes to try to win his money back :P

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    I know what you mean. I'm looking forward to the day that I hear about how the list I compiled helps someone win a new firearm.
    Well, I didn't win a firearm, but I did win a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips.

Long story, but kind of funny.

I got a call from Travis at Crimson Trace. I never answer my phone if I don't recognize the incoming number, I just let it go to voicemail. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Well, they left a message. It's Travis telling me that I'm the July winner of their giveaway. Please call or email him. Cool! So I emailed him.

It was a few days later and I still hadn't heard back from Travis, so I figured I'd call. The lady (sorry, didn't catch her name) who answered the phone said that Travis was on vacation. I explained that I was the July winner and she said she'd get the grips right out to me. Sure enough, a couple of days later there was a package on my front porch.

Well, about a week after that, there was another package on my front porch. Hmm, another set of lasergrips? Yup.

Being the honest person that I am, I emailed Travis again. I explained that there must have been a mix up on their end, and that if they wanted me to send the second set back, just send me a postage paid label and I'd send it right out. Thinking I was being funny, I said that if they didn't need me to send them back and I could keep them, it would give me an excuse to buy another 1911.

Well, I got an email from Travis saying that as far as they were concerned I should go out and buy another gun.

Woohoo! Thank you Crimson Trace!

Sad part is, I just bought a truck and my gun-fund is a little lacking at the moment.

Oh, and Travis was on vacation because him and his wife just had a baby girl. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse1961 View Post
    Well, I didn't win a firearm, but I did win a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips.

Long story, but kind of funny.

I got a call from Travis at Crimson Trace. I never answer my phone if I don't recognize the incoming number, I just let it go to voicemail. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Well, they left a message. It's Travis telling me that I'm the July winner of their giveaway. Please call or email him. Cool! So I emailed him.

It was a few days later and I still hadn't heard back from Travis, so I figured I'd call. The lady (sorry, didn't catch her name) who answered the phone said that Travis was on vacation. I explained that I was the July winner and she said she'd get the grips right out to me. Sure enough, a couple of days later there was a package on my front porch.

Well, about a week after that, there was another package on my front porch. Hmm, another set of lasergrips? Yup.

Being the honest person that I am, I emailed Travis again. I explained that there must have been a mix up on their end, and that if they wanted me to send the second set back, just send me a postage paid label and I'd send it right out. Thinking I was being funny, I said that if they didn't need me to send them back and I could keep them, it would give me an excuse to buy another 1911.

Well, I got an email from Travis saying that as far as they were concerned I should go out and buy another gun.

Woohoo! Thank you Crimson Trace!

Sad part is, I just bought a truck and my gun-fund is a little lacking at the moment.

Oh, and Travis was on vacation because him and his wife just had a baby girl. Congratulations!
    WOW! That's awesome! Congrats. I'm thrilled that my list helped!

Links