Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert

This is a discussion on Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've always wanted to go to one, but since the closest has been in San Diego, it hasn't been practical. When I found out that ...

Thread: Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert

I've always wanted to go to one, but since the closest has been in San Diego, it hasn't been practical. When I found out that this year, Hannity was having one in Las Vegas, I was thrilled, and hoped to go. Then the fact that I have yet to find a job, and have been out of work every day of 2009.t just wasn't going to work out. Then a week and a half ago, I heard once that they were having a contest for tickets, you just had to go to the web site and enter your name and email. I figured not much of a chance, but why not enter. Tuesday this week, I received an email that I won, and I just had to go by the office to pick up the tickets. So, my wife and I went tonight. I have never cared for country music, but I still wanted to go. The show consisted of Lee Greenwood, Charlie Daniels, Michael C Smith, and Billy Ray Cyrus. Rich Little, who also happens to live in Vegas, also did a set. I do like Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA", so I was looking forward to that. It turns out that I liked all of his set. And when he ended with "God Bless the USA", 16000 people were standing, singing it with him. Charlies Daniels was also pretty good, and Sean Hannity did "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" with hi. I had never heard of Michael C Smith, and I didn't care for any of his stuff. And Billy Ray Cyrus ended the show, and while I'm not a fan, he was ok. I didn't know that he wrote "Some Gave All", which is a good song. And Hannity ended his set with him singing "Achy Breaky Heart".
    So, for someone who hates country music, I had a really good time. And it's for a good cause, so once I'm working again, I'll send them a donation. If you get the chance to go to one, go for it, even if you're like me when it comes to country music.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The profits from Sean Hannity’s Freedom Concerts go into a fund to provide scholarships for children of GI’s killed in combat, great cause.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links