Humvee Traffic Driving in Iraq - Page 3

Humvee Traffic Driving in Iraq

This is a discussion on Humvee Traffic Driving in Iraq within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mi2az Because if they stop for a little too long, they may end up dead. I have a friend in Kuwait, they ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Humvee Traffic Driving in Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    Because if they stop for a little too long, they may end up dead. I have a friend in Kuwait, they told him not to stop for any reason because you will be a perfect target.
    Im not flaming anybody by no means, so please dont take it that way.

The video does show some reality of how it USED to be here,,

with that said, you have no idea how it feel and looks stopping in the middle of the road where everyone looks suspect. IED'S going off regulary and RKG's being thrown, its not a good feeling nor a good situation to put your crew and the rest of you squad in.

By no means is this NY city, you do what you have to to ensure the safety and lives of you crew... BOTTOM LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    So...let me get this straight. As long as it isn't some sort of emergency, why the heck are we bumping innocent motorists? No wonder people don't like America....
    sorry miza2, I meant to quote jackle1886.......

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Thank y'all for your service!!
    [One Nation Under God]

Hmmm... I see absolutely nothing wrong in those videos! I'm just saying...

At least I got to stay inside a helicopter when in Beirut, '83
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

To all of you who are there or were there or may go there again, thank you for the input.

It is interesting to see what we are up against through the eyes of the men/women doing it and not the crap the media is spewing about it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    To Sigguy, OPFOR, Kelly, and all the rest of us who have experenced this, THANK YOU! We probably had one of the most dangerious jobs in the sand box. Every piece of trash, dead animal, pot hole, disabled car, etc was a possible attack. I have lost many friends to IEDs and VBIEDs. It kinda scares me to think that driving like that is no longer allowed over there. At what price will it take to change that rule and allow us to be more aggressive on the roads again?
    Thx Avenger...
    I'm the unit Convoy Ops officer, which means I'm the first guy to get the new FRAGOs issued by the CG...and translate it into our TTPs. I'm also responsible for conducting all of the convoy training for newbs/newly arrived personnel (based on my experience in Iraq). One of the biggest things I harped on (before the rule change) was...COMPLACENCY KILLS.
    So, in light of the new order...I have to ask myself...what does complacency look like?? In short, I teach the members of my unit the letter and intent of the order, but heavily emphasize the "self-defense" portion of the order. Woe be the person I hear someone (usually from the HQs) equate the new order as "Sunday driving" (as it's been rumored to be referred to)--as I've experienced the after effects of presents left behind by bad guys on Rt Irish in Baghdad...there is no such thing as an administrative movement in a combat zone.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

WELL PUT!!!

And to Paco and everyone else: I only watch the news for the weather. After hearing some of the CRAP that comes out of those reporters... ITS ALL A FREAKIN LIE!!

I could go on and on about news reporters, but to save time and fingers numbness, lets just say that I have been interviewed by reporters and they took what I said and made it sound MUCH worse!! They never show the good, only the bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links