Sixto down!

This is a discussion on Sixto down! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ouch! Casts and surgery are no fun. Get well soon....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sixto down!

Ouch! Casts and surgery are no fun.

Get well soon.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Yup, not even 24 hours with the cast on, I'm ready to cut the darn thing off.

I guess I got to go get a new one anyway in the afternoon. Good times.

...and I guess the dog isnt going to be ready in time for dove season. I'll be happy if I am.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Man, sorry to hear about that; hope it all heals back up so you can get back out there to administering that special brand of "SIXTO" justice on the criminal element out there.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Ouch! That stinks, Sixto. I hope you feel better soon and heal up very quickly.

In the meantime, I think it's really sweet of you that you kicked an entire Outlaw Biker Gang's butt in a bar fight, and made up some story about tripping, just to spare them their dignity.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but a good white lie about a foot pursuit or something would've been more entertaining.

Hope you feel better soon.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

SIXTO hope you heal quick. I have one. Once I was walking through the parking lot of a job site when I stepped on a rock and SNAP! Apparently my ankle rolled under in such a way that it broke the bone in my foot that connects the pinky toe. I was instantly reduced to hopping on my remaining unbroken foot. After getting the walking cast I had to fill out the accident report. What were you doing at the time of the accident...I wrote Walking...on asphalt!

My brother in law (a LEO) showed up with his ribs all bandaged up. He laid out the whole story about restraining the dangerous bad guy at much risk to his own well being, etc. Turns out he had a rough ride on the kiddie log flume with his 3 yr old. Severely bruised ribs.

Glad you finally went to the Doc to get it fixed. Good luck!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Just blame it on your wife for not having the living room clean or picked up.
    Oh i dare you, even i dont think i'd do that (and i get myself in trouble almost daily) if i had to depend on her when iam whining about my leg
    Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery & make up a good story next time
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

*Captin Quint voice from "Jaws"*
    I'll drink to your leg and you drink to mine. OK, so we drink to our legs.
    *raises pint*
    here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Get better soon, take up homebrewing if you're a drinking man. It passes the time when I'm infirmed.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I feel for you Sixto. Neither of my injuries have any macho stories. In 1985, I tore my right MCL. Not football, wrestling, etc. I was barding a Delta flight to go home to Richmond. I found my seat, put my briefcase in the overhead, and when I turned to sit, my right foot remained planted, and I heard a pop pop pop pop pop, and suddenly hurt like the devil. I figured that I would walk it off when we got to altitude. When I tried, I found that I couldn't bear weight on my right leg. I used seat backs as crutches, and hopped across the galley. When I got to the lavatory, I checked my knee and it was as large as a basketball. On my way back to my seat, a flight attendant saw me and asked what happened. I told her, and she asked if I wanted to see a paramedic when we got to Atlanta. I replied "I am a paramedic, and I've already seen it. I'll go to the ER when I get to Richmond". Surgery fixed it, but I was embarrassed. Then 3 weeks ago, my wife had a power cord running across the living room floor, with a scatter rug covering it. When I walked by, it was bunched, and I tripped and fell. I didn't think much of it until 2 ours later when my wife saw blood stains on the carpet. I looked down, and the big toe was covered in blood. I cleaned it off and put on a dressing. A few hours later, I noticed that then dressing was soaked. I cleaned it off again, and saw the laceration, and it needed sutures. As I cleaned the wound, I accidentally flexed the big toe. Unfortunately, the to didn't flex at the joint. It was then I realized that it was broken. I went to the ER at 4am, and had the wound sutured. X-ray confirmed the fracture. SO I've been in a post op shoe since. Then finally, last week, I went to a meeting at a prospective employer. Afterwards, I stopped at a 7-11, and as I stepped up on the curb, the blasted post op shoe caught the curb, causing me to fall. I broke my fall with my hands, but somehow, I ended up with one hand in a fist, and of course, that was the side that hit the sidewalk. My chest has been hurting like crazy. It's not the muscle, but deeper. So, I've either bruised or broken a rib. I didn't go to the ER, as I already take pain medicine, and there's nothing else that they can do. So, I've been my worst enemy the past few weeks, and not one injury athletic, all stupidity. Anyway, I hope that you feel better soon, Sixto.

VIP Member
    Will you be ready for the 1st day of pheasant hunting?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Those carpet monsters can suck, can't they? They just reach up and grab ya, and the next thing ya know your leg is broke.

Hope everything heals up ok for ya, try to take it easy for as long as the doc's day so that it can.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

sorry to hear about your leg, hope your a fast healer.

i broke my femur 2 years ago in a car accident. no cast, just a metal rod, and a few bolts. had a brace on my leg, but that was only for when i was asleep, or walking on it. had a "support" on my left arm for a fracture. it was a cast that was about 3/4 of a circle, so i could take it off.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

Sorry to hear about your injury, BUT you should have told your wife right away.
    Sometimes "mother" knows best.

So some advice from another "mother". Take it easy for a while and fight the urge to over do it. Keep it propped up when you can and be very careful what you stick down the cast to scratch the itch that will come. Vigorous scratching with the wrong thing can break the skin before you know it.
    When I was younger, I had a body cast ...from neck to hips...on for a LONG TIME. The vacuum set on blowing felt real good once in a while to blow the dead skin out and get it some air in. Let your wife know RIGHT AWAY if you have numb toes or the color seems off.

Take care and let your wife help you. We wives can be useful at times.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Sympathy, and I have great respect for you... but I couldn't resist:
    Attached Images

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links