Sixto down!

This is a discussion on Sixto down! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, here I am again, telling ya'll to hang on I'll be around a lot more. Last night I broke my leg. No cool, macho ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sixto down!

Administrator

Sixto down!

Well, here I am again, telling ya'll to hang on I'll be around a lot more.

Last night I broke my leg. No cool, macho story to go along with the cast. I simply tripped and fell in my living room. Nothing exciting, except my wife yelled at me when she found out I crawled upstairs and went to sleep after the fall, waiting until morning to go to the ER.

No alcohol, guns, fighting, cars, motorcycles or explosions involved. I guess there is a first time for everything.

"Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    [...] my wife yelled at me when she found out I crawled upstairs and went to sleep after the fall, waiting until morning to go to the ER.
    Now I know you are an adrenaline-junkie, thrill-seeking daredevil. Risking that reaction???

Feel better! Which SIG fits best in the cast?
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Just blame it on your wife for not having the living room clean or picked up. Wait, you want to get back to work before the end of the year don't you.

Enjoy your time off I guess, but you really need to work on some hobbies you can do while spending time recoperating since this is turning out to be an annual or semiannual event.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sorry to hear you broke you leg sir.

Okay, I can see the crawling back to bed and waiting to go to the ER. But you let your wife know about that!?! You really are brave!

All kidding aside I hope you recover soon.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Just blame it on your wife for not having the living room clean or picked up. Wait, you want to get back to work before the end of the year don't you.

Enjoy your time off I guess, but you really need to work on some hobbies you can do while spending time recoperating since this is turning out to be an annual or semiannual event.
    Nobody tell her, but it was my shoe I tripped over. I took them off when I sat down to watch TV and check out DC. I fell asleep and the rest is history.

And yes, it has become an annual event. I never was a clumsy type, maybe its because I'm getting older and I've finally accepted the fact that I'm not a kid.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Maybe you could have the doctor mold a kydex holster to your cast.
    Anyway good luck and hope you heel quickly.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Sorry to hear you broke you leg sir.

Okay, I can see the crawling back to bed and waiting to go to the ER. But you let your wife know about that!?! You really are brave!

All kidding aside I hope you recover soon.
    She knows better, she is a doc herself. She took one look at it and started yelling cause I waited so long. She was saying something about infection, losing toes etc. It sounded more like the teacher on Charlie Brown than medical advice. Wah wah wah wah.

I just told her I was tired and didn't feel like going anywhere last night.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sorry to hear about that. When I tore my calf last Dec I had to admit that it was done in a uncool way, I was jogging across the street to get a burger and "snap".

Hang in there and pick up your shoes.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Clean break, hair line, how long will you be down?
    Dang sure the hard way to get some time off!

Get well soon, we need ya out there brother!
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, here I am again, telling ya'll to hang on I'll be around a lot more.

Last night I broke my leg. No cool, macho story to go along with the cast. I simply tripped and fell in my living room. Nothing exciting, except my wife yelled at me when she found out I crawled upstairs and went to sleep after the fall, waiting until morning to go to the ER.

No alcohol, guns, fighting, cars, motorcycles or explosions involved. I guess there is a first time for everything.

Certainly an attention grabbing title. Thankfully the story does not match the 'teaser' title.
    Next time wake up before you get up. Get lots of internet time.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Medic!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Smooooooth move there buddy! Bet that one goes over well at the station house!

Heal fast.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Just remember, this is a great time to catch up on your reloading.

You do reload, right...? If not, it's a great time to start!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Sorry Sixto.........getting old really sucks doesn't it.... Praying for you to have a speedy recovery.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    Clean break, hair line, how long will you be down?
    Dang sure the hard way to get some time off!

Get well soon, we need ya out there brother!
    Clean break, but apparently there is another fracture that has a piece of bone floating around in my ankle. I guess that is the bigger issue here, probably going to require surgery to get that part fixed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links