For the musicians here... - Page 2

For the musicians here...

This is a discussion on For the musicians here... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I tinker with a Tele a bit, but the contributions that Les Paul made to the guitar world, the music world, and the recording industry ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the musicians here...

I tinker with a Tele a bit, but the contributions that Les Paul made to the guitar world, the music world, and the recording industry are legendary.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

I've heard of the Master of the Stratocaster before. This is the first mention of the Tinkerer of the Tele. Has a nice ring to it!

For the record...If I had to pick one guitar to use to defend myself it would be the Les Paul. Nearly had my microphone palm-striked through my teeth on stage one evening. I side stepped and made very solid contact to the very large, very drunk attackers' face with the headstock of the immensely heavy Les Paul. He immediately dropped, as did my 3rd string! A quick twist of the tuner and we finished the song and barely missed a beat. Good Times. Should this be in the Carry and Defensive Scenarios forum? Or maybe How To? Needless to say I am really glad he was not waiting for me in the parking lot later!

I used to play a friend's Gretsch Les Paul, and it was fantastic to play. .... that was about 1966-1970. He sold it later and I was ticked, as he was supposed to let me know if he ever wanted to sell it. Still wish I had it... sweetest sounding and playing guitar I've ever played.

Les Paul.... RIP , and thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links