Forum Members & Those W/ Kids - Get Educated On Vaccines - Page 2

Forum Members & Those W/ Kids - Get Educated On Vaccines

This is a discussion on Forum Members & Those W/ Kids - Get Educated On Vaccines within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter Interesting Question: Why would hospitals routinely vaccinate newborn infants against Hepatitis B using a vaccine that contains a Mercury compound as ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
  1. #16
    Member Array UnklFungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Interesting Question:

    Why would hospitals routinely vaccinate newborn infants against Hepatitis B using a vaccine that contains a Mercury compound as a vaccine preservative when the two most common ways that Hepatitis B (exceedingly rare anyway) is contracted is VIA a shared contaminated "junkie" needle or intimate contact with another infected person...usually sexual?

    And then at the very same time we have other qualified medical professionals advising fully grown adults with Mercury amalgam tooth fillings to have those removed and replaced due to serious health concerns and harmful effects of even minute trace amounts of Mercury leaching from dental fillings into the body.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And friendly advice to Hopyard. If you want to opt for the Swine Flu vaccine then that is your choice BUT, don't be one of the very first to stand in line for it.
    Yeah, I have never figured out why it was ever there to begin with.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

    Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?


  2. #17
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,433
    I'll watch the VID later as I am on work NetZero dial-up which is slower than an elderly snail super-glued to the back of a turtle stuck in quicksand.

  3. #18
    Member Array natticarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cincinnati
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Interesting Question:

    Why would hospitals routinely vaccinate newborn infants against Hepatitis B using a vaccine that contains a Mercury compound as a vaccine preservative when the two most common ways that Hepatitis B (exceedingly rare anyway) is contracted is VIA a shared contaminated "junkie" needle or intimate contact with another infected person...usually sexual?

    And then at the very same time we have other qualified medical professionals advising fully grown adults with Mercury amalgam tooth fillings to have those removed and replaced due to serious health concerns and harmful effects of even minute amounts of Mercury leaching from dental fillings into the body.
    Blood transfer is a common way and as much as we try to avoid it there are many of us who might come into contact with someone else's blood. I think the comparison to the mercury amalgam is a benefit/risk scenario. There are simple effective relatively cheap alternatives to those fillings so there is not a lot of benefit to keeping them in your mouth and a slight risk they might cause harm. You may not agree with the benefits of the vaccine and I think that is fine and you should have the choice not to take it.

    After saying all this I will admit I am not very knowledgeable about all the vaccines because I am not in the position right now to have to decide if a loved one or myself should take one. My company was kind enough to distribute Tamiflu to all its employees and families in case they came down with the disease and since it has shown positive results that is going to be my game plan.

  4. #19
    Member Array UnklFungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'll watch the VID later as I am on work NetZero dial-up which is slower than an elderly snail super-glued to the back of a turtle stuck in quicksand.
    In Winter!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

    Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

  5. #20
    Senior Member Array Rob P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the sticks
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    In Winter!!!
    On a glacier!

  6. #21
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,433
    In Winter on a glacier with a strong headwind.

    Meanwhile back to the H1N1 - Why are they developing this vaccine NOW?
    They never start making any yearly flu vaccine this early because they never know exactly what strain of flu is going to eventually hit the U.S.

    It's all always only a yearly educated best guess as to what Flu strain will hit anyway.

    And at this point in time they do not yet know how H1N1 will ultimately mutate.

    Many years AKA normal Flu Season ~ They get it wrong and people get vaccinated for the wrong strain of Flu which is exactly the same has having not been vaccinated at all.

    So what's the rush to whip up all this vaccine right now for a Pandemic that is NOT a Pandemic and a Flu that has only killed 3,000 so far worldwide - which is at least 120,000++ LESS than the # of people that normally die each year from a yearly Flu or direct complications of a typical Flu?

    I'm not wearing a Tin-foil hat BUT, there ARE serious questions that need serious answers because ....this entire Swine Flu thing just smells mighty funny.

    When I get a gut feeling that something ain't right. Usually something ain't right.

  7. #22
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,433
    OK Fact Time.

    The vast majority of folks to date that have actually contracted documented/tested H1N1 Flu have only suffered mild "flu-like symptoms" and have "got over it" fairly easily and minus any vaccine and minus any permanent ill effects to their health.

    So either they KNOW that H1N1 is going to mutate into something extraordinarily deadly and we're not being told about it....and we're not being given that information - or the intention is to "create" a pandemic health crisis in keeping with the already publicly stated (by this administration) "Never Let A Good Crisis Go To Waste." - as that philosophy directly relates to moving forward a specific agenda under the guise of a catastrophic emergency that can only be solved by government.

  8. #23
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,663
    Regarding the 1976 incidents: "The unfortunate outcome was that the 1976 vaccine led to a 1 per 100,000 incidence of Guillaine-Barre Syndrome, which is something no other flu vaccine before or since has done."

    If 30,000 people die from a flu epidemic each year that means you have a 1 in 10,000 chance of dying from the flu, or a 10 fold higher chance of dying from flu than of getting Guillaine Barre. Guillane Barre is not nice, but it is treatable and many if not most will recover. I don't know the mortality rate for Guillaine Barre. I do know that you have about a 1 in 10,000 chance of getting it from any of several common infectious diseases and there is always an underlying rate of the illness without regard to flu vaccines or to influenza; e.g., 1 in 10,000 who contract Campylobacteriosis will develop Guillaine Barre or something similar called Miller-Fisher Syndrome. About 2 million per year in the US contract Campylobacteriolosis.

    Now, I have to agree that each year's vaccine and epidemic is different and it is not possible to guarantee that the odds are similarly favorable for the vaccine taker as they were in 1976. But, you can get Guillane Barre from the flu too. So you need to factor that in as well.

    We had a lady in our office who developed Guillaine Barre a few years back from contracting a flu like illness. She had a bad time for awhile, but did recover. It is not a highly fatal disorder. Everything in life is balancing risk and benefits. The balance should be based on fact, on real data, and not on fear.

  9. #24
    Member Array swatspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Regarding the 1976 incidents: "The unfortunate outcome was that the 1976 vaccine led to a 1 per 100,000 incidence of Guillaine-Barre Syndrome, which is something no other flu vaccine before or since has done."

    If 30,000 people die from a flu epidemic each year that means you have a 1 in 10,000 chance of dying from the flu, or a 10 fold higher chance of dying from flu than of getting Guillaine Barre. Guillane Barre is not nice, but it is treatable and many if not most will recover. I don't know the mortality rate for Guillaine Barre. I do know that you have about a 1 in 10,000 chance of getting it from any of several common infectious diseases and there is always an underlying rate of the illness without regard to flu vaccines or to influenza; e.g., 1 in 10,000 who contract Campylobacteriosis will develop Guillaine Barre or something similar called Miller-Fisher Syndrome. About 2 million per year in the US contract Campylobacteriolosis.

    Now, I have to agree that each year's vaccine and epidemic is different and it is not possible to guarantee that the odds are similarly favorable for the vaccine taker as they were in 1976. But, you can get Guillane Barre from the flu too. So you need to factor that in as well.

    We had a lady in our office who developed Guillaine Barre a few years back from contracting a flu like illness. She had a bad time for awhile, but did recover. It is not a highly fatal disorder. Everything in life is balancing risk and benefits. The balance should be based on fact, on real data, and not on fear.
    I have never been vaccinated and I have NEVER had the flu. My dad got the vaccine last year, he got the flu.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array JAT40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    2,366
    Look no further than the HPV vac. Garadisil the "health experts" rammed that one down our throats. I believe more than 30 young girls have died from it so far and the pushers are still in denial. Sure I trust our government.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

  11. #26
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,663

    For swatsyder

    Quote Originally Posted by swatspyder View Post
    I have never been vaccinated and I have NEVER had the flu. My dad got the vaccine last year, he got the flu.
    Regarding your never having had the flu, some luck is involved. You've had good luck. I was the same way until the one time I really got nailed by the flu. Never again. I am meticulous about getting the vaccine. Don't want to ever go through that nightmare ever again.

    As for your dad getting vaccinated and getting the flu: That happens two ways. 1) When you have been exposed to the flu close in time to when you got the vaccine; 2) there are "flu-like illnesses" which are mistaken for flu but aren't really the real deal influenza.

    Actually, too, the vaccine is not 100% effective. But, what you have no way of knowing is to what extent the vaccine may have reduced the severity and duration of your dad's flu, if he actually had the real deal.

    I think what bothers me about some anti-vaccine attitudes this time around is that the at risk group appears to be adolescents. They need an adult to make a decision to protect them. Moreover, even if there were truth to the link between autism and vaccines, that has nothing to do with adolescents. So, what is the excuse for not protecting your kids? Fear of Guillaine Barre is rational, but the relative risk of that v flu is heavily in the direction of the flu being the more dangerous of the two.

  12. #27
    VIP Member Array varob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,452
    I'm not an expert in flu stuff, but my wife is. She recently had to attend a mandatory meeting at our local hospital regarding this. When I asked her "what's the plan" she said, "wash your hands"

    BTW: Mercury was banned in vaccines a while back. The only kid shots left with mercury are the ones in supply (They didn't recall the old stuff with mercury in it).
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

  13. #28
    Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado at 14,650'
    Posts
    12,552

    Lightbulb Risk and Benefit Analysis

    Everything in life is balancing risk and benefits. The balance should be based on fact, on real data, and not on fear.


    Risk and Benefit, Risk and Benfit, Risk and Benefit. Exactly the correct answer.

    Oh! To be an Actuary...............so CPA's could tell jokes about you........

    Hopyard, you have summarized many things exactly and concisely, and this is yet another.

  14. #29
    Senior Member Array dnowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    587
    I don't understand what all the paranoia here is. If there's a vaccine available I'll get in line. If there isn't, I won't.

    If there's a genuine national emergency, everyone and their uncle is going to be climbing over each other to get the vaccine. They're not going to send UN troops to your house to inject vaccines into your heart. At most, your school might make vaccination a precondition of attendance, just like they already do for a bunch of other vaccinations. If you don't like it, homeschool your kid. Lots of people do.

    I just see people getting worked up about political fears of big government, not about any actual rational risk of forced vaccination programs.

  15. #30
    Member Array natticarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cincinnati
    Posts
    138

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. A Look at Forum Members' .357 Magnums
    By bmcgilvray in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: March 15th, 2009, 10:48 PM
  2. DC Forum Members C-FL Lunch...
    By RETSUPT99 in forum Member Meeting Place
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: April 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
  3. Thanks to the forum members!!
    By Tim the Teacher in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 15th, 2007, 04:30 PM
  4. Requesting Help From All Forum Members
    By acparmed in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 4th, 2006, 12:38 AM

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors